Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Submitting Test Results to Google Drive – Accessing student name variable? Reply To: Submitting Test Results to Google Drive – Accessing student name variable?

#415838 Score: 0
Profile photo of Adam Cain
Adam Cain
beginner
intermediate
picture perfect
wise owl
friend finder
Group Member
curious george
contributor
30 pts
@cainam

I’m not sure those are going to work when published to HTML vs SCORM or AICC which get the name from the LMS the course is launched from.  (I’m not positive if all 3 you list are reserved for that, or maybe just the last 2)

I’m not sure I understand why you would ask for the name twice though even outside of that – if the first time you ask for the name, you are storing that via an Entry Field (from the Test & Survey tab), then you should be able to call up that same Field variable up when printing out the certificate.  e.g. you insert an Entry field with name: Entry_1, with associated variable name of: Entry_0001 (which would be the default), and then you call that same variable up in the certificate (change contents action to replace a regular text field with the variable data).

So reading back – how are you asking students to provide their name at the beginning of the test?