Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Submitting Test Results to Google Drive – Accessing student name variable? Reply To: Submitting Test Results to Google Drive – Accessing student name variable?

#415874 Score: 0
Profile photo of Cam Phillips
Cam Phillips
beginner
intermediate
friend finder
wise owl
curious george
contributor
19 pts
@_

Hi Adam,

The name prompt that appears at the beginning of the test when both “Custom Results Submission (to Google Drive)” and “Prompt for Student’s Name” are both enabled (see attached screenshot).

So they enter their name at the beginning of the test, and this is stored in the TrivantisUserName variable (as opposed to an Entry_0001 or similar). Upon passing the test their name and results are uploaded to Google Drive.

Once they’ve passed, they’re directed to generate a certificate – my issue is that I need to prompt for their name again, as I can’t seem to access the data stored in TrivantisUserName to reuse it! I could disable “Prompt for Student’s Name” but then the associated entry in Google Drive would be nameless. We are indeed deploying to HTML so AICC_Student_Name would be no good, as you mentioned.

I did find another question about this on the forums but no replies: https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/google-drive-prompt-for-student-name-variable/

Attachments: