Update on my issue – it was actually different than Ryan’s, and I feel a bit un-intelligent now that I realized what I did…
I must have originally tagged the ‘awt.bmp’ lectora file to default to open with Lectora instead of just the ‘awt’ file. I think I saw ‘.awt’ and just clicked to quickly – so I was getting an error that said “Error during XML Parsing! : Error document empty.”
So then the icon next to the .bmp file showed the Lectora icon, so I probably kept clicking on that due to the visual cue. (the .awt file had a blank icon after uninstalling v17 I guess).
I didn’t realize it initially because when clicking on ‘recent’ documents after opening Lectora, the names of the modules didn’t show the full title, so I didn’t realize I kept trying to open the .bmp file (Until I got one with both options fully visible). see images if curious. ; )