Lectora Publisher and Lectora Inspire 18.0.2 are available for download. This version is a full install and resolves the quarantine issue.
The most recent update to Microsoft Windows Defender is quarantining one of Lectora’s application files, CefSubProcess.exe.
Affects Lectora Publisher and Lectora Inspire versions 17 and 18
Symptom of this issue is Run and Preview modes will display a blank white page.
The most recent update to Microsoft Windows Defender (released Feb 5, 2019) is quarantining one of Lectora’s application files, CefSubProcess.exe. This change in Microsoft Defender file criteria has affected both Lectora version 17 and 18, meaning files that have been in use for some time are now being flagged.
Please replace currently installed Lectora Publisher or Inspire version 18 installs with the updated version 18.0.2.
- Download Lectora Publisher or Inspire version 18.0.2 from our website here: https://www.trivantis.com/service-pack-downloads/
- Uninstall Lectora
- Locate the downloaded installation file.
- Begin installation by using the right mouse button to click on the installation file and selecting ‘Run as Administrator’.
For Lectora Publisher or Inspire version 17, please use the following steps:
- Please download the replacement file from here: https://trivantissupport.sharefile.com/d-s3c3bdae96a54926a
- Close Lectora
- Use File Explorer to navigate to your installed folder, similar to: C: Program Files (x86) Trivantis Lectora Inspire 17 (or Lectora Publisher 17)
- Copy the downloaded file to this folder.
- Agree to replace if prompted.
- Restart Lectora