Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Accessing Specific Pages in Randomized Test Reply To: Accessing Specific Pages in Randomized Test

#420748 Score: 0
Profile photo of CarlFink
CarlFink
beginner
intermediate
contributor
LUC16 Attendee
wise owl
curious george
advanced
friend finder
41 pts
@CarlFink

It sounds as if you are making a feature request to Trivantis, honestly. I don’t think that functionality is currently a part of the program and because their API is poorly-documented it would be very hard to add it. I’m not by any stretch an expert at extending Lectora, mind you.

It’s easy to have a link to any particular page of the test, but there’s no obvious way to link only to “questions you got wrong” or to access “only pages on which a question was answered incorrectly.” The lack of a consistent page-naming or question-naming schema makes it hard to write code to do those things.

In principle you could create a JavaScript structure containing the names/designators of all the test pages, each associated with (name: value pair?) the name of the question on that page, test the value of that question, and build a DOM object containing links to each … but at that point you’re basically inventing your own test-results system and bolting it onto Lectora. If you do that, Lectora should pay you for the development.

Hmm … in Python I could easily write code to parse the AWT file (which is just XML), find all tests, and determine which test page contains which question ….

(I know Python way better than I know JavaScript.)