The workaround would be to revert back to a previous version. I know, no fun!
In v18.2 we did a major update of the platform libraries, because of this we had to update our build environment. We feel that something in our build environment caused the issue. We took action to ensure that our build environment was correct and cleaned out any old libraries which may have caused a conflict.
For our v18.2.1 build we have verified with some customers (who experienced the issue) that it is fixed for them.
This issue did not happen in any of our QA environments as we went through a thorough full regression test on v18.2
For future releases we are building a list of customers who have agreed to help ensure this issue does not happen again.