Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Lectora: Auto resume lesson. Reply To: Lectora: Auto resume lesson.

#434991 Score: 0
Profile photo of
Anonymous @

Which version of Lectora do you use?

Which scorm version do you publish to?

Which LMS is it?

Do you publish with Seamless Play?

The prompt is the way Scorm means the bookmarking to be done (every authoring tool I know does it very similar to Lectoras solution). I don’t believe you can skip creating that dialog box, unless you uncheck “Prompt the user to …”. Well, as long as you don’t want to edit the published files …

I still don’t understand why the users cannot be allowed to choose or why a user would try to break it on purpose. I never had or heard of any problems with the dialog box.

But as Lectora publishes HTML and allows to run custom javascript, it should be possible to build your own bookmarking sytem, save the bookmark to the dedicated LMS field and use it to direct the user to that value without questions.

1. I’m on lectora version 18.1.13
  2. Scorm v1.2
  3. Not sure what LMS it is, but it communicates to our own personal API, etc.
  4. We do publish for seamless play, but it isn’t mandatory

We don’t want the user to choose mainly because of how often it breaks and because it is ugly.

We can get the lesson to break simply by backarrow and continuing, backarrow, then X out of the menu, go forward a couple times, backarrow, and it’s just broken and permanently stuck there, etc.

It’s not that we are worried about people TRYING to break it, but during testing we have seen multiple users mess it up (without even trying) and its just horrible…. We already know we would rather just have them auto continue so we are trying to work on that functionality without a whole bunch of super strict lectora actions that need to be carefully mapped for every possible page we have.