Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Multiple Language Captions Reply To: Multiple Language Captions

#445083 Score: 0
Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
Darrel Somoza
contributor
friend finder
beginner
intermediate
junior moderator
advanced
wise owl
curious george
209 pts
@Klaatu

I’ve got it working perfectly in Visual Studio Code (attached files.) It doesn’t get any easier. Unfortunately, when it is added to Inspire in a web window it breaks; a quick look seems to indicate conflicts with the built-in player. Odd, it shouldn’t. I think I’m missing something very simple.

Math, if you use VSC, open this folder and run it in live server. You’ll see the CC button has multiple languages and can switch freely between them even while the video is running. The only thing left to do is get it working in an Inspire web window.

This is by far the simplest solution. All a non-programmer would have to do is alter the included index.html file to point to your video and subtitle files. The attached sample has the sample vtt in English and French. To add additional languages you would just have to duplicate the line <track src=”/en.vtt” kind=”subtitles” srclang=”en” label=”English”>
<div>altering the new one for the additional language.</div>
<div></div>
<div>I will try to work on this over the weekend, time permitting.</div>

Attachments:
  1. embed.zip