Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Questions & Answers Initial View / Orientation Reply To: Initial View / Orientation

#447009 Score: 0
Profile photo of CarlFink
CarlFink
beginner
intermediate
contributor
LUC16 Attendee
wise owl
curious george
advanced
friend finder
41 pts
@CarlFink

Suggestion to the CVR team: back in the day, I was an Asymetrix Toolbook developer. A great feature it had, that I haven’t seen elsewhere, enabled you to freeze the screen, do things to the objects (position them, change the color, go to a different page, whatever) and then “unfreeze” the screen to reveal the new arrangement without the student watching all the changes happen.

CVR pretty much by the nature of browser tech has to use JavaScript, at least on some platforms. Is it possible to do that with JS, to say “Don’t update the viewport until I say otherwise”? If you could do that, Hugh could do the “at the beginning pan down to this invisible info panel” action without the user suddenly seeing the camera move downward as soon as she entered the virtual environment.

Hugh, even if you used a “pan down to some object” solution, it wouldn’t change the environment’s “sense” of the horizontal, would it? So if you’re using goggles, you’d have to keep your head constantly tilted to see things in the environment that are meant to be level (e. g. on the horizon)?