Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Questions & Answers Google Cardboard: extend time to activate objects? Reply To: Google Cardboard: extend time to activate objects?

#451428 Score: 0
Profile photo of CarlFink
CarlFink
beginner
intermediate
contributor
LUC16 Attendee
wise owl
curious george
advanced
friend finder
46 pts
@CarlFink

Thanks, John. I was just wondering if it was supported. I have done no work on programming for Cardboard, so I have no idea how difficult it would or would not be to support both.

I’ve found that I got used to the gaze-to-select interface pretty fast. The big minefield is that I had built my scenarios with buttons right in the default sightline, meaning the student would accidentally gaze at things and trigger them. I had to move all my hotspots up or down 30 degrees or so. Also, several places had popup images/videos that were closed by click/tap. Of course, in Cardboard this meant you couldn’t actually watch the video without closing it. I had to switch to closing them with buttons that were near, but not inside, the media they closed.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .