Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers 17.1.1 – Next button to Assessment

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jennifer Gifford
    Jennifer Gifford
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @jgifford2924

I just updated to 17.1.1 and I have an existing project that has always worked fine, and worked fine just last week in the previous version. Today, when I published it, the next button is not continuing to the assessment. Learners are just stuck on the last page of content and can’t get to the assessment in order to complete the course. The assessment pulls 10 questions randomly from a pool of 20. I haven’t changed any of the parameters.

#383346 Score: 0
    Profile photo of cmooraces
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

I am having issues with actions not firing in 17.1.1 too. On that page, do you have other actions that fire? Is there an audio clip on the page?

#383354 Score: 0
    Jennifer Gifford
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @jgifford2924

Not really. There is a page counter but nothing else fires other than the next button’s go to next page action

#383372 Score: 0
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

Delete the action and create a new one. Then republish and see if it works.

When testing, turn on the debug window and have it show actions fired. See what happens on the page and if there are any other actions firing.

#383476 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Nick Moseley
    Nick Moseley
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @nmoseley7905

I’ve had the same issue  with a number of existing projects that have always worked fine in previous versions of Lectora but after the latest update to 17.1.1 no longer let you access the assessment via an action on the Next button. I’ve tried deleting the associated action and creating a new one with no success. The assessments also select questions randomly but the issue still remains when I take out the random selection. New versions of some of these projects are scheduled to be released this week, so I need a solution to this pretty urgently. I’m running the software in Windows 7. Any help would be much appreciated.

#383619 Score: 0
    Jennifer Gifford
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @jgifford2924

I also already deleted and recreated the button and action. According to the debug window, clicking next to go to the assessment is working. It isn’t.

I’m in the same boat as Nick. I have two courses that have to go live next week. I am also running Win 7 and have the same issue on FF, Chrome and IE.

#383705 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Nick Moseley
    Nick Moseley
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @nmoseley7905

Hi Jennifer. I reported the issue to Trivantis Support  and got this reply:

We are not aware of any issues as you describe.  To help you meet your deadline, perhaps we should reinstall 17.0.6 and see if this will resolve the issues.

After the rollback everything worked as before. Not ideal but it would be good to know if and when a fix is available to version 17.1.1.

#383763 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Steven Truitt
    Steven Truitt
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @struitt

I came across the same issue this morning.  I change the ‘go to’ target from the page to the Test itself and it seemed to work.  Hopefully I won’t have to do this to all of the courses I touch.

#383816 Score: 0
    Jennifer Gifford
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @jgifford2924

I’ve contacted support, but haven’t heard from them yet. I will happily roll this version of Lectora back. I have two modules that have to go live next week.

I have tried changing the target from next page, to assessment, to next section, to next chapter. It simply won’t go anywhere. I take that back, I can go backwards in the content, but I can’t go forward and the only thing that is forward is the randomized quiz to complete the course. I appreciate everyone’s help!

#383978 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

I’m sure you have other things on your mind, what with needing to deliver by next week, but I’d be tempted to put a non-question page in the quiz (not part of any test section) that is blank and contains only the action “OnShow go to next page” and then go to that page by name, instead of a calculated “next something” target. Sometimes a non-question page in a test is helpful for navigation. (It can also be a useful target for a “Review your answers” button.)

#384358 Score: 0
    Jennifer Gifford
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @jgifford2924

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have pages in the assessment, but I cannot get the target to recognize that there are any pages in the assessment.

#384437 Score: 0
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

I have also had a host of problems with 17.1.1. Audio sync actions don’t fire at all.

With the test, if you want to have something that submits the test, try taking your questions and put them all in one test section. Then create a second test section with a single page that has no question on it. Just put the submit button on it. Turn off randomization at the test level and set the randomize option on the first test section. Lectora should randomize from the first test section and then go to the single page in the second section. The submit button with a process test action should work. Just remember to set question numbering at the test section level not the test level and then don’t show a question number on the second section.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.