Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cmooraces
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

I updated from 17.0.6 to 17.1.1 and now all of my synced events in audio don’t work. If I create a new audio clip, it doesn’t sync events. The audio controller defaults to something I didn’t select after publishing either. And it appears that a lot of my actions from previous courses don’t work any more.

Can I revert back to 17.0.6?

#383259 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    45 pts
    @JasonADal

I don’t have 17 yet, but in the interest of the KISS method and other reading on other topics, were you using Seamless play before the update? If not, it may be possible that the update turned it on and muddled things up.

#383267 Score: 0
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

Seamless play is off and it doesn’t work. If there are actions synced from an audio file, all of the actions on the page die. A simple show/hide on a button won’t work and the audio controller can’t be customized. It’s like the whole audio component is broken from all sides.

#383600 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    45 pts
    @JasonADal

When you say the audio controller cannot be customized, do you mean that you don’t have any choices except for the default controller? If so, check and see if Use Web Accessibility Settings is on. When that’s checked, the only choice is the default player, which I’ve added to the suggestions and will hopefully be changed in a later version.

#383604 Score: 0
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

No, I choose the default player but when it publishes it the player is different. And none of the actions will fire from the sync events panel. Not only that, no actions will fire anywhere else on the page. A simple show/hide won’t work if the audio clip is on the page with sync events flags.

#384013 Score: 0
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

Trying to keep this alive in hopes that somebody from Trivantis might have an answer. Any thoughts?

#384086 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Laura Gillenwater
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    12 pts
    @tecocat

There have definitely been problems with 17.1.1 (for me, it caused me not to be able to use the BranchTrack and eLearning Brothers tools, for example). I know there’s a patch/update coming out for 17.1.1 within the next week or so to fix that, but I don’t know what other things might be getting bundled into that update, if any. I’ve had some pretty weird, random things happen with variables lately, too, but I don’t know whether that’s because of the update or “user error” yet. However, from looking through the posts here, it does seem like 17.1.1 has issues (and maybe should have been tested a little more thoroughly before its release?). On the plus side, I do think Trivantis is working to fix some stuff ASAP!

#385830 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Windy Schneider
    Windy Schneider
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    Group Member
    picture perfect
    6 pts
    @wschneider

I’m also having many issues with 17.1.1 to include:

• name variable (AICC Student Name) not remaining on the certificate page when you close out and return to bookmarked page (only in IE).
    • BranchTrack incremental scoring not working in Chrome
    • Series of errors in IE (lms set value error and some of the persistent data was not able to be stored). see attached

I spoke with trivantis today and hoped that the latest update 17.1.2 would fix my issues, however they are still occurring. I also have a ticket in with BranchTrack for that issue.

Hope to have some more information or a fix soon.

#386708 Score: 1
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

The “the persistent data was not able to be stored” error is something that has been in Lectora for years. I wrote to Trivantis about a simple fix for this but they never implemented it.

In trivantis-cookie.js it encodes and stores page name but then it checks the encoded page name with the original unencoded page name which (if the page name included encodeable characters) no long match and so throws the error.

The fix, which won’t break any existing title, is to open trivatis-cookie.js find this code

if( chkdata.length < newData.length ) {
    bErr = true;
    }

– in Lectora 17.1.3 it’s at line 878 – and change it to

if (chkdata.length < newData.length) {
    if (chkdata != Decode(newData)) {
    bErr = true;
    }
    }

Also 17.1.3 is out.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #386771 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Windy Schneider
    Windy Schneider
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    Group Member
    picture perfect
    6 pts
    @wschneider

Thanks for the notice that 17.1.3 is out. I didn’t get the normal notification in lectora. I’ll try that and then your fix if the new release doesn’t help us.

Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.