Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers 17.1.2 DIDN'T fix the audio issue!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cmooraces
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

Since upgrading to 17.1.1 I can’t use audio clips. They don’t use the default controller I choose. Each browser shows a different controller and there’s nothing I can do about it. What’s worse is that I really use sync events to bring in elements and perform actions in the audio clip. And NONE of them will work.

Any old file I created can’t be published from my Lectora. I have to go to my co-worker and have him publish because he didn’t upgrade from 17.0.6.

This upgrade is really bad. I mean really bad.

#385100 Score: 0
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

I wanted to look into your issue and hopefully resolve it as I couldn’t believe that they would break something that so many people rely on. Well, I published a title I create with v.17.0.6 and when I tried to preview it from within Lectora I got nothing but a blank window.

The browser’s error console says “Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list”.

Somewhere I have some text that Lectora is supposed to display in a dialog box but the text includes an apostrophe and Lectora’s code is wrapping all text in a apostrophes (instead of santizing the text).

#385103 Score: 0
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

If you are using 17.1.2 and you have a page with an action icon with a label that includes an apostrophe (single quote) then the page will fail 🙁

#385321 Score: 0
    Profile photo of cmooraces
    cmooraces
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @cmooraces

In 17.0.6 I can insert an audio file and fire actions throughout the duration of the clip. We’ve been using this extensively for some time.

When I upgraded to 17.1.1 and then 17.1.2, any audio clip would cause onshow page actions to not fire. Also, none of the actions that were added to the audio clip would file. Also, the player would not be the one I selected. Chrome had one version and IE displayed a very large player controller that I did not select.

I reinstalled version 17.0.4 and everything works again. I’m going to patch up to 17.0.6. I don’t think 17.1.x is ready for prime time.

#385370 Score: 0
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

Can you upload a small title that demonstrates the issue? I’d like to have a go at finding what the issue is/are.

#385373 Score: 0
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    22 pts
    @approg

I built a small sample and the first time I tried it all the actions I’d set in Sync Events had disappeared. I saved the title and set them a second time and this time they stuck.

BTW the way the “new” Sync Events dialogue looks like a programmer laid it out as a “quick and dirty” layout while they waited for the usability people to design it correctly 😉 In the old days you could see where an event was within the audio wave. Now the only way of checking is to play the audio and watch the time on the timeline and compare it to the event time in the list view.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.