Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers 17.1.6 and 17.1.7 not bookmarking or retaining progress in LMS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kris Lerch
    Kris Lerch
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @klerch1749

Since the 17.1.6 version, my course has not been bookmarking or retaining progress in my client’s LMS. They use Omnibus. When a 17.1.5 version of the SAME course is published, everything works correctly. Has anybody else had an issue like this?

#410349 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Development is thinking that not much changed in between the two versions. Would it be possible to submit a copy of the course either on here or to the support team for investigation?

#410361 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kris Lerch
    Kris Lerch
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @klerch1749

I’ve uploaded the files. I had contacted support and they said:  This is not a known issue.  We have reviewed the course and also run it on an LMS without issue, bookmarking worked.  We used version 17.1.7.  

We suggest that she try again, but first clear the SCORM publish folder so that there is no previous files there.  C:\Users\coggins\<wbr />Documents\My Titles\170259\scorm\html  I would delete or rename the sub folder \scorm   When the title is published again, it will make a fresh copy of the file.

However, this didn’t work either.

#410452 Score: 0
    Profile photo of J S
    J S
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @ummakumma

I have noticed that about three weeks ago and noticed later that the bookmarking does not happen when you close the course straight from browser.

#410454 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

@ummakumma, note that your fellow Forum users can’t help because you uploaded the course to Trivantis support, but not here.

Have you tried different browsers? A privacy setting in the browser can easily prevent bookmarking.

#410457 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    30 pts
    @smiller7502

@carlfink, what privacy setting is that, please? This could explain a lot for us …

#410611 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

@Stan Miller, I could certainly be wrong. I’m old–I was thinking of the time when progress was recorded in a browser cookie.

#413402 Score: 0
    Profile photo of J S
    J S
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @ummakumma

@carlfink

Now I had time to setup Lectora 17.1.7. See attached Title. Maybe it´s some setup in publishing options. Because people have not been able to recreate it. But those are the options often need.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Profile photo of J S J S.
    Attachments:
    1. Title_1.zip
    #413555 Score: 1
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    18 pts
    @approg

Sorry to do this to you. Try renaming every page in your title so that the page names do not contain any spaces of other non-web friendly characters.

There “used” to be a bug in which when Lectora compared the content that was written to that which should’ve have been written would fail because written content would be encoded to make it web safe but it would be compared to the original unencoded content. So for example “Hello world” would not match “Hello%20world” – the space got encoded as %20.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.