Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions A BUNCH of Time-Saving Usability Suggestions

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

Here’s a tiny one: let me use the incredibly overlearned “Alt-F, A” to Save As. There is literally no reason not to do so.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #417926 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    19 pts
    @_

And a couple more:

• When zoomed in, allow scrolling beyond the edge of the canvas
    • Keep the ‘Import CSV Question File’ dialog box open if the import fails – due to the CSV file being open in another application
    • Allow typing font size into the ‘Import CSV Question File’ dialog box – currently you need to select from the dropdown menu, Lectora ignores anything typed in manually
    • If focusing on a text element in a hidden group during Find and Replace, temporarily show the entire group – currently only shows the text element in question and overlays it over the other currently visible elements, making it very hard to see
    #427320 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    19 pts
    @_

A minor one:

• Automatically add new variables to the next available condition line when using the “New Variable” button in the “Set Action Conditions” window. The only reason I would ever click this button and add a new variable is if I wanted to use it here in the conditions.

And a major one:

• Allow toolbar tabs (Properties, Style, Position & Size) to be unsnapped from the top area as separate windows – similar to the Action Pane!! I swear I spend half my life clicking around in that top area trying to find the correct pane (it doesn’t help that some appear/disappear depending on selected item).
    • At the very least: FIX THE ALT SHORTCUTS for tabs. Currently I can only Alt-F to go to File… why don’t the rest of these have shortcuts? “Position & Size” has an “&” shortcut which doesn’t work at all… see attached screenshot for comparison to Word.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.