Explore the community Forums Lectora Web Accessibility Accessibility differences between Lectora 18 and 19

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darrell Foley
    Darrell Foley
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @Web-Foley

Are there significant updates to Lectora between version 18 and 19 with regard to accessibility? I’m at a loss searching for specific documentation and release notes specifically pertaining to accessibility.

I’m still having a few issues with the reading order in JAWS/NVDA…

For example, in a colleagues course, a page with only one image and one text block (containing 3 paragraphs), where the JAWS reader skips reading the first paragraph entirely – or things like the reader mentioning, “Submit button unavailable. To activate press enter.“, a curious instruction to try and get the user to select a disabled button.

We’re using L18 and have had push-back from our department regarding an update to L19. Accessibility is a very large ask from my client and some specifics would be helpful to make a case for the update.

Thanks,

-Darrell.

#449636 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jim Jones
    Jim Jones
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    verified member
    contributor
    3 pts
    @jjones5058

Hi Darrell,

There were 2 new accessibility features added to v19:

• <b data-stringify-type=”bold”>Accessible Lightbox Pop-ups</b>
    • <b data-stringify-type=”bold”>Accessible Custom Form Elements</b>

For the complete list of new features and bug fixes checkout the v19 release notes.

Regarding your JAWS/NVDA issue, we have a bug related to what you describe in our backlog. Hopefully we will get that fixed soon and out in a future release.

One suggestion I’ve heard related to this issue is to have the user trigger a read all from the top of the page by using  the key combination  INSERT + DOWN ARROW keys.

Hope this helps!

Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.