Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Accessing Question/Correct Answer/Learner Answer Variables

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jill Searcy
    Jill Searcy
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @jsearcy

Ok, I know this has probably been asked before but I cannot remember it. (Old brain) Anyway, I usually use actions that display a list of items that learners need to review based on what they missed in the test on a results page, but now I need to display the question, the learner’s answer and the correct answer on the page – Not using the customized feedback page generated by Lectora. I need this list generated dynamically but presented in a more controlled way than I can do with the page Lectora generates. I would expect to do this with variables but I cannot see these particular variables – any ideas out there? Any suggestions or help is most appreciated.

#298075 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

Hi Jill,

I don’t know if this will help or not, but I’m attaching a small test that is followed by a customized feedback/results page. It’s probably not exactly what you’re looking for, but may give you some ideas.

For the most part, I don’t think you can build what you want dynamically for the exact reason you mentioned. We don’t have direct access via variables to things like the question text or the correct answer. But you can build the page yourself since these values are not dynamic. Luckily, we do at least have access to the learner’s answer and whether or not the question was answered correctly, which are dynamic values, via the Question variable .

You might also check out this post by Roz Schwartz @rgs55 on some tips for customizing the Customized Test Result page if you want to try that route.

https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/customize-the-customized-test-results-page/

Hope this is a little help anyhow.

#298082 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jill Searcy
    Jill Searcy
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @jsearcy

Wendy,

Thanks for your response and for the example. I had not thought of presenting the feedback information that way. It is very helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.