Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vicki
    Vicki
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    5 pts
    @Vicki

I am working on a course and have been testing the non-mouse accessibility of it.

Is there a way to “tab” into a scrolling text box? We are testing on an LMS with the course published as a SCORM 2004.

I have looked for keyboard shortcuts (with no luck on finding anything that works), but perhaps I am missing something on the Lectora side. Splitting the content to multiple pages is not an option.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Vicki

#284654 Score: 0
    Profile photo of nataliep
    nataliep
    @nataliep

Any input is appreciated.

#284655 Score: 0
    Profile photo of nataliep
    nataliep
    @nataliep

Vicki — I couldn’t get a scrolling text box to work in a course I am working on. I would do the following:
    Create an invisible button just above the scrolling text box with alt text that says something like: Click here to read xyz.
    Then create a pop-up page or use a “Display Message” action. Drop in all the text.

Hope this helps.

Natalie

@vicki 46909 wrote:

I am working on a course and have been testing the non-mouse accessibility of it.

Is there a way to “tab” into a scrolling text box? We are testing on an LMS with the course published as a SCORM 2004.

I have looked for keyboard shortcuts (with no luck on finding anything that works), but perhaps I am missing something on the Lectora side. Splitting the content to multiple pages is not an option.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Vicki

#433888 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Monica Spencer
    Monica Spencer
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @mspencer.2813

I realize I’m several years late to this thread, but hopefully Trivantis will address this in a future update to Lectora 18.

It would be really nice to be able to tab into a text box with a vertical scroll and scroll through the text using the Up/Down Arrows or PgUp/PgDn.

This would enable sighted keyboard users to view the text (without having to open it in a new popup window, for example).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.