Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Accessing Specific Pages in Randomized Test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cory Clark
    Cory Clark
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @cclark1204

We have a 50 page assessment, and all the questions are randomized.  At the end we provide the option for students to go back through the test to review and correct their answers, if necessary.  We are using a back button for users to accomplish this, and a next button to return to the end.

Wondering if there is a way for users to access specific questions so they do not have to use the back button and go through each page.

Also curious if there is a setting so that if they need to exit the test, they can go back in and pickup where they left off.

As the questions are randomized, I realize solutions for both might be difficult.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

#420689 Score: 0
    Cory Clark
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @cclark1204

Please let me know if anyone has any insight on either question.  Thank you.

#420748 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

It sounds as if you are making a feature request to Trivantis, honestly. I don’t think that functionality is currently a part of the program and because their API is poorly-documented it would be very hard to add it. I’m not by any stretch an expert at extending Lectora, mind you.

It’s easy to have a link to any particular page of the test, but there’s no obvious way to link only to “questions you got wrong” or to access “only pages on which a question was answered incorrectly.” The lack of a consistent page-naming or question-naming schema makes it hard to write code to do those things.

In principle you could create a JavaScript structure containing the names/designators of all the test pages, each associated with (name: value pair?) the name of the question on that page, test the value of that question, and build a DOM object containing links to each … but at that point you’re basically inventing your own test-results system and bolting it onto Lectora. If you do that, Lectora should pay you for the development.

Hmm … in Python I could easily write code to parse the AWT file (which is just XML), find all tests, and determine which test page contains which question ….

(I know Python way better than I know JavaScript.)

#421273 Score: 0
    Cory Clark
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @cclark1204

Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.