Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Accordian menu in Lectora and look for Lectora expert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shh1cd
    shh1cd
    @shh1cd

Our elearning team tried to figure out how to use an accordian menu as a navigation menu bar on the left side in Lectora. Our boss does not like a default drop-down or fly-out menu.
    So far, my coworker has created an accordian menu using jquery and imported it as a html extension.
    The thing that we need to figure out is to link each pages and make these work.

Is there anyone who has successfully used an accordian menu as a navigation bar?
    Our team has a project tile that can be reviewed by Lectora experts and open for getting a customized training.
    Please let me know if you can give some advice or even consulting.

I have created elearning modules with Captivate on Moodle 2.2. Thus, I do know the basic concept such as scorm or ML etc.

Sammy

#288482 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Hi! I actually think that the accordion idea is pretty cool. Something like this, probably: http://jqueryui.com/accordion/#fillspace

Once you added it to the course, it is pretty easy to link to pages within Lectora. Just use JavaScript command “trivExitPage(‘page16804.html’,true);” where page16804.html is the HTML name of the destination page.

Of course, you wouldn’t want to manually link all accordion items to page names. What you could do, is to add a normal menu on the page, then programmatically parse it for page names, then automatically create the accordion based on that. You could even use the size and position of the normal menu to position the accordion and then destroy the normal menu. This way your Lectora authors would not have to worry about the script at all – the normal menu would be replaced by the accordion automatically!

#288483 Score: 0
    Profile photo of shh1cd
    shh1cd
    @shh1cd

@ssneg 60408 wrote:

Hi! I actually think that the accordion idea is pretty cool. Something like this, probably: http://jqueryui.com/accordion/#fillspace

Once you added it to the course, it is pretty easy to link to pages within Lectora. Just use JavaScript command “trivExitPage(‘page16804.html’,true);” where page16804.html is the HTML name of the destination page.

Of course, you wouldn’t want to manually link all accordion items to page names. What you could do, is to add a normal menu on the page, then programmatically parse it for page names, then automatically create the accordion based on that. You could even use the size and position of the normal menu to position the accordion and then destroy the normal menu. This way your Lectora authors would not have to worry about the script at all – the normal menu would be replaced by the accordion automatically!

Thank you for the specific comments! Sergey
    Our team figures out how accordian menu work partially.
    I will share it with you. We would like to add a visited page functionality.
    I will get back to you with some specific screen shot by Friday.

Sammy

#288481 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kellykungfu
    kellykungfu
    @kellykungfu

@ssneg 60408 wrote:

Brilliant! Most impressive, indeed!!!

-kelly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.