Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Melissa O'Halloran
    Melissa O’Halloran
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @mohalloran4832

Updated to version 18.0.2 two weeks ago. Last week I needed to make an update in an existing course by removing video content and replacing it with new material. When I go to select target items for an action my menu either pops up blank or has the menu all smashed up into a tiny half inch by half inch box.

The box is clickable. I can click and it puts an item in the box, its just I have no way of seeing what I’m selecting until I click.

I have opened other programs by different authors on my machine and the same thing is occurring in each.

I have un-installed and re-installed the program. I have turned my machine off for 15 minutes and back on, and I have submitted a ticket to Trivantis on Tuesday, 2/19/19 and haven’t gotten a response yet, even though I’m updating my ticket as I check back into the program and sending them the same mp4’s so they can see the issue I’m experiencing.

Because neither one of my co-worker’s is experiencing this issue,  I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else has or can help me with a quick fix so I can meet my deadline.

Respectfully yours,

Melissa

#418546 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    195 pts
    @Klaatu

From what version are you trying to open in 18.0.2? Can you post a sample. I do not experience that when opening from 16 or 17.

#418548 Score: 0
    Melissa O’Halloran
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @mohalloran4832

I re-installed 17.1.8 and am not experiencing this issue in the later version of the program. I’ll just keep working out of 17 and wait for Trivantis to address my ticket I guess.

To answer your question Darrel, I last saved it into 18.0.2 to update it. I was working it in the original 18 (that experienced the bug issues) before the last update.

UPDATE: 17 worked to get the updated content into the program for me but caused a host of other issues with the program… Such as pink screens and missing buttons. I contacted our internal IT support team and they thought it was a Java issue but can’t see where Java had been updated since the first of the month until now. So, I continue to wait for a call back from the support ticket I submitted.

#418580 Score: 0
    Profile photo of sheryl coggins
    sheryl coggins
    LUC16 Attendee
    beginner
    intermediate
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @scoggins3221

Hello Melissa,

Lectora version 18 titles are not backward compatible.  Once you have saved your title in 18, it should not be opened in Lectora version 17.

For the pink screens / objects issue, there appear to be some objects that when they originated in a Lectora 17 title, then have been saved in Lectora 18, then again opened in 17 result in the pink color.  Do you possibly have a back up version from 17 that is untouched?

Would you please let me know your support case number?  Thank you

#418589 Score: 0
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    195 pts
    @Klaatu

Melissa, I didn’t word my question correctly. I wanted to know what version the .awt that you were trying to open in version 18.0.2 was from. You mentioned that other e-Learning authors were also having similar issues. Were they all trying to open the same version .awt in 18.0.2. Were they all on the same computer? I’m sure any additional information you can provide will help the support folks out. I wanted you to post a sample so I can open it in mine to see if I get the same glitch.

#418593 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    48 pts
    @wheels

This is a known issue we are seeing (action targets not showing up) only on some machines with v18. This only affects certain machines so we are trying to determine what the unique circumstances are.

If you are experiencing these problems and are running Lectora Inspire v18 then please uninstall Camtasia and SnagIt so we can further rule out those product installs (please post any results here). Note: you can run the install again (over-install) to put these products back.

We are actively looking into this issue and hope to have a swift resolution.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    #418632 Score: 0
    Melissa O’Halloran
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @mohalloran4832

Hello Sheryl,

I very quickly learned that lesson and have our internal IT department going into recovery mode right now for a previously saved version of that file. I will NEVER do that again!! My support case number is 172341.

Darrel,

Thank you for your help. The other designers at my location are not experiencing this issue on their machines. I even took my key and downloaded Lectora onto an open computer we have available and it didn’t have the issue. It’s something about my computer. There’s a setting somewhere that’s causing it.

Joe,

Thank you for reaching out to me with some things to try. I un-installed both Camtasia and Snagit this morning and rebooted my computer. I am still having the same issues. I have attached a screen-capture.

Attachments:
    #418715 Score: 0
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    195 pts
    @Klaatu

Melissa, any chance that computer is running Logitech software? You should also ask your IT department to make sure your graphics drivers are updated.

#418771 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

Building on what Darrel says above, if you start your computer in “Safe Mode” or “Safe Mode with Graphics” do the menus appear?

#418906 Score: 1
    Melissa O’Halloran
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @mohalloran4832

Thank you, everyone, for reaching out to me with your thoughts and trouble-shooting ideas.

I’m now working with the wonderful Joe Wieloch from Trivantis to find a resolution as the issue is appearing on some users computers and not others. He’s gotten me back up and running while they work their magic behind the scenes.

Thank you again, everyone, for your helpful information, this process has provided me a deeper understanding of and appreciation for this community.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #418957 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Steven Truitt
    Steven Truitt
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    3 pts
    @struitt

I just submitted a ticket for this very issue.

#420033 Score: 1
    Melissa O’Halloran
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @mohalloran4832

Just following up with everyone here who reached out to me with guidance and assistance. The Trivantis team has successfully fixed my computer’s issue with the download and it’s smooth sailing and calm waters in my Lectora world again. Thank you all again for your help. I truly appreciate it!

#420157 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kostas Chronopoulos
    Kostas Chronopoulos
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    friend finder
    @kchronopoulos9321

Hi there,

I face the same issue, the only difference is that the target menu is completely white. The options are there but they are not visible as Melissa already mentioned. I noticed that it happens only with the Show and Hide action.

I have 18.0.2 (11586) and initially it was working well, the problem came up today. The title was initially developed with the latest version of Lectora 17.

Any idea on how we can fix this? Should I downgrade back to 18.0.1?

Thank you,

Kostas

#420195 Score: 0
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    48 pts
    @wheels

We have updated v18.0.2 builds for users that have this issue. You can download this and over-install the existing v18.0.2 installation. It will correct the empty target drop down list. Pick the correct installer after clicking the following link:

https://www.trivantis.com/downloads/v1802/

#420199 Score: 0
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    48 pts
    @wheels

@mohalloran4832 Melissa thank you very much for all your help with this!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.