Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Actions saved as library objects lose targets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    39 pts
    @smiller7502

In the attached sample, there are two actions at the top of the title that we will want to assign at the AU level in lots of titles. The actions conditionally show or hide two objects. The actions work as expected in the sample.

However, when I save the actions as library objects and then add them to a second title — which already contains the objects shown or hidden by the actions, with the same names — the actions lose their targets. This happens even if I delete the working actions from a title and then add the library objects to the same title.

Is there a solution?

Attachments:
    1. DevMode.zip
    #400814 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    54 pts
    @JasonADal

Hey Stan – I did a quick test with both a blank title and your title, then a blank title. I created a library object with both the actions AND the group, which worked to retain the targets for the actions. Hope that helps and achieves what you’re looking to do!

#400822 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    39 pts
    @smiller7502

So I wonder how I’ve gone all this time and not realized it’s possible to select multiple objects in the title explorer and save them as a single library object? Good grief! That’s fantastic, thank you very much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.