Explore the community Forums Social Lounge Add shortcuts to buttons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Therese Michael
    Therese Michael
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @tmichael9734

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to add shortcuts to buttons? For my training to pass our Agency’s 508 compliance, any button should have an alternative shortcut. Do we’ve this feature in Lectora 17? If not, is there a workaround it?

Thank you

#408981 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Yes! There’s a keystroke trigger that lets you dictate that if a certain keystroke or combination of multiple keys is entered then an action will file.  For example, a common use is to have a title level action that if the user selects Esc (Escape) the title closes.

https://trivantis.com/help/Lectora/17.1/ENG/Lectora_Help/index.html#4230.html%3FTocPath%3DActions%2520and%2520variables%7CAdding%2520an%2520action%7C_____6

Since your question is related to accessibility you may want to consider joining the Accessibility group here on the community and posing it out to members who are actively creating accessible content in Lectora.

https://community.trivantis.com/groups/lectora-accessibility-user-group-laug/

#409080 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Therese Michael
    Therese Michael
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @tmichael9734

Thank you Jennifer. I’ve actually used the keystroke trigger to perform general actions; however, I want to assign shortcuts for  buttons performing specific actions within the lesson. In Captivate, you can assign the shortcut to the button when you insert it, so the action is triggered by either way: the button or the shortcut. Does Lectora have the same feature?

#409843 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Not at this time but I’ll be sure to bring it up as a possible future enhancement with the development team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.