Explore the community Forums Announcements Trivantis Updates Adding "Extra Credits" to a Test Submitted to Google Drive

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    15 pts
    @_

Hi Again Everyone,

I’m back, with a new Google-Drive-related woe! I currently have a test set up with:

• 30 questions (worth 1 point each)
    • 1 extra credit question (worth 3 points)
    • Responses and final score submitted to Google Drive (using the in-built Lectora functionality)

If a student gets all 30 questions correct, they should be awarded 100%. If, in addition, they get the extra credit question correct, they should be awarded 110%.

This is easy enough to do on the “Results” page I have set up:

1. Process Test/Survey Action
    2. Add 10 to the Assessment_Score variable
    3. Display Assessment_Score

But this is not accurately reflected in Google Drive, as the results are uploaded immediately before the extra credit can be applied.

Has anyone attempted this before, or have any clues on how to “inject” the extra points into the score before they’re submitted to Drive?

My best guess is to add a post-publish “if” statement to the page that processes the test, to add the extra points to the score variable if Question 31 is correct (see attached screenshot). Would be great if there was a more elegant method though as this course may be updated often and I want to avoid post-publish tweaks as much as possible!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#416114 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    15 pts
    @_

Sorry – wrong forum! Reposting in the Lectora Q&A section – feel free to delete.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.