Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Adjustable Closed Caption box

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jodi Zwayer
    Jodi Zwayer
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jzwayer2434

I find it easy to create an .srt file for closed captioning in Camtasia but when I place it in Lectora for my closed caption file, I’m not impressed with the size or location where the CC text appears on the page and there seems to be no way to adjust it. I would love to see some options for placing and sizing that text box because I personally prefer to display closed captions like videos create them….white text on a dark background along the bottom of the screen in a single line of text. Is that an option now or something that will come in a new release?

#427070 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Johnattan Barona
    Johnattan Barona
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    7 pts
    @jbarona9656

Hi, if you are comfortable modifying the srt file. I will recommend

https://community.trivantis.com/knowledge-base/how-to-add-closed-captions-to-video-and-audio-in-lectora/

You can adjust the font size and color.  As for the background color of the text block that can be found in the published files trivantis-player.css the selector is .mejs-captions-text change the background to that of your choice.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #427081 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jodi Zwayer
    Jodi Zwayer
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jzwayer2434

Thank you Johnattan for your information. I have read the information in the link you sent me. That’s how I know how to place SRT files in Lectora for my audio clips. I appreciate you pointing me to the published trivantis-player.css but can you tell me where I would change the sizing and placement of the text. I would rather have a single line of text running across the bottom of my title, than just have it sitting in the bottom right hand corner.

#427218 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    51 pts
    @wheels

I’ve created a sample title which overrides some of the css values that are used for the media player and closed captions.

It takes a little bit of work figuring out exactly how you want it, but then you should be able to apply it to all the CC media in your title. Please see the attached title for this example.

Attachments:
    1. Title-3.pkg
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.