Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Arabic text paste into Lectora process

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dalerich
    dalerich
    @dalerich

From my experience, it’s always better to copy and paste the text into Notepad first and then copy/paste from Notepad into Lectora.I just tested copying and pasting from this Arabic website: http://www.aljazeera.net/ and it worked fine.Make sure that Windows is configured properly to handle these RTL fonts. Here is what I have set in Windows XP. From the control panel, go into the ‘Regional and Language options’. Check the option to “install files for complex script and right-to-left languages” and also check the option for “install files for East Asian Languages” under the Languages tab. Then click on the details button and add an Arabic language input service. Also, under the advanced tab, choose the option to “Extend support for advanced text services to all programs.”Now, in Lectora, you should be able to access the Windows language bar and switch your language input to the Arabic service. Once this input is set, when pasting it should retain the RTL text formatting.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.