Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Assessment Problems with Internet Explorer 11?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AlwaysLookingForHelp
    AlwaysLookingForHelp
    @AlwaysLookingForHelp

Hi All,

I have a course developed in the latest version of Lectora (v11.3.2) with an assessment and it’s not working in IE11. When I get to the last question that has a submit button with the process test / survey action on it, the submit button isn’t visible and other items on screen, such as images, have disappeared also.

I’m having the same problem in Chrome, but i can see the button and images. Nothing happens when I click Submit.

I have tested the course on the latest Firefox and on IE8, 9 and 10 and it works with no problems.

To make sure it wasn’t an error with the course, i took an older course we developed last year and republished it and got the same issue.

Has anyone come across this before?

#286359 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mongiovi
    mongiovi
    @mongiovi

I’m having similar issues using Lectora X.6. Haven’t tried IE11, but submitting works in IE9. Submit button disappears in Chrome, and it also makes the exit button disappear. It shows in Firefox, but doesn’t do anything when clicked.

Any solutions?

#286358 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mongiovi
    mongiovi
    @mongiovi

@mongiovi 60633 wrote:

I’m having similar issues using Lectora X.6. Haven’t tried IE11, but submitting works in IE9. Submit button disappears in Chrome, and it also makes the exit button disappear. It shows in Firefox, but doesn’t do anything when clicked.

Any solutions?

So..just an update on my situation if anyone is interested. I still haven’t tested on IE 11, since it is not a required browser for our client. But IE 8, 9, and 10 are. I was having the issue where My button that submits the test wouldn’t show up in IE10. I had to add a “top of file scripting” code to that page to make the page act as IE9:

That fixed my problem.

#286357 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

There seems to be some problems with IE11 and the desktop. Try it from a server. You can even try Review Link.

#286361 Score: 0
    Profile photo of peter.engels
    peter.engels
    @peter.engels

I am having the same issue. IE defaults to Edge compatibility view, which breaks the test roll-up page. Running from a server is not a valid solution – many situations (including that of my client) require courses to run locally or from a disc, not just from a server.

Some digging shows that there is a JavaScript error in Edge mode attached to the Done button.

The tag or “IE=9” isn’t working. Anyone have success with forcing it out of Edge mode?

#286360 Score: 0
    Profile photo of prabha10
    prabha10
    beginner
    intermediate
    @prabha10

@peter.engels 61849 wrote:

I am having the same issue. IE defaults to Edge compatibility view, which breaks the test roll-up page. Running from a server is not a valid solution – many situations (including that of my client) require courses to run locally or from a disc, not just from a server.

Some digging shows that there is a JavaScript error in Edge mode attached to the Done button.

The tag or “IE=9” isn’t working. Anyone have success with forcing it out of Edge mode?

Im going to try this…not holding my breath and still hoping for a solution!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.