Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Audio Editor v11 in LI17

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Hauglie
    Joe Hauglie
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    @jhauglie5350

Hi y’all. I’ve got a lengthy course that has over 75 minutes of narration, using LI17 (desktop) and Win10 (64-bit). I recorded the audio files and cleaned them up in Audacity, exported them as MP3s, and then added one of the shorter files to a segment of the course as a test. It played fine in Preview but when I launched the Audio Editor through LI to make an edit, the plugin threw an error (“A problem has caused AudioEditor.exe to stop working”) and shut down. So I launched the Editor separately and then tried again – same result. According to the Editor, it’s v11.

I’ve been digging through the posts here but there’s not much recent information about how well integrated the Editor is with LI (or LO, for that matter) and even less about how to use the Editor (though it seemed somewhat intuitive). I really don’t want to use Audacity to make the minor changes that the course needs (allowing for delays, click-throughs, etc.) but if the Editor is simply an artifact feature that is either known to be nonfunctional in Win10 or worse, that it’s no longer supported, it would be helpful to know that at this point.

Other ideas or suggestions welcome.

#435926 Score: 1
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    4 pts
    @tea

That’s the correct version. Are all of the files you converted to mp3 having this problem? Can you share one of the mp3’s that you have trouble with?  I am able to edit my mp3’s, but maybe something with the conversion is causing it

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #436001 Score: 1
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    29 pts
    @CarlFink

If you have sufficient RAM you can just  leave Audacity open all the time, making it the work of seconds to edit a small file.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #436006 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    329 pts
    @timk

The auditor editor v11 works for me with Windows 10 and Lectora 16 / 17 / 18.

You can also go to “File -> Lectora Preferences -> Editors” and select Audacity as the favorite Audio editor so that a click on “Edit” will open the audio file in Audacity instead of Lectoras editor.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #438660 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Hauglie
    Joe Hauglie
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    @jhauglie5350

Thanks to y’all for the suggestions! I got sidetracked and am now recovering the task of trying to get this project done. Your recommendations are invaluable!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.