July 2, 2018 at 10:49 am #401058
Is anyone else having major issues when using events timed to audio tracks? If I adjust the timing of an audio event in the events list, it bumps it to the top of the list, regardless of the timecode of the event and no longer plays whatever action is assigned to the event. When creating a new event and inserting the time code for the action, half of the time this behavior occurs too. The only way I’ve gotten the timed events to work is to assign an event as the audio is playing and then never, ever, ever, ever touch the timing of it again.
This makes it rather impossible to adjust the timing of events linked to audio tracks. Since Lectora only shows you the seconds on the audio play bar, there is really no way to fine tune anything. You just have to guess and try, guess and try, guess and try. Any advice on what I’m doing wrong would be appreciated as I can’t express how many hours of frustration and lost productivity this has cost me, nor can I believe that Lectora would publish a product and tout this feature when it’s, well… rather broken.July 3, 2018 at 11:52 am #401141
Robert, I personally haven’t used audio-based timing for a long time. I can say that it’ll be easier to help you if you give more information, like the version of Lectora you’re using and maybe a step-by-step of what you are doing to help someone else reproduce the issue.July 3, 2018 at 5:03 pm #401167
Hello, It is the most current version of Lectora, 17.1.3. <span style="color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;">This is something I’ve noticed consistently, in fact every day, and finally captured it</span> <span style="color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;">In the attached mp4, you’ll find an audio track with four synced events. Event 3’s timing was changed from 11.50 to 9.30. Upon finishing the change, the Synchronize Events list moved the event position from last in the list to second on the list. The event now no longer works and even though the line of text is set to initially hidden, it shows when the page shows. </span> <span style="color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;">This happens frequently when changing the timing of events already synced to an audio file. The only way I can get the page to do what it is supposed to is to delete the event and remake it.</span> In addition, if you create an event before the audio track plays, meaning the event will have timecode 00:00:00, and then change the timecode to what you want it to be, it will not move to the correct spot in the list based on it's time code. It just stays at the top of the list with the timecode you entered and the actions you assign do not fire. I battle with this every single day since all of my events and actions are synced to audio tracks. It makes things a nightmare. You can find an example of this in the attached png.
Attachments:July 5, 2018 at 10:51 am #401246
OK, Trivantis, how did Robert’s message end up being displayed as HTML code in this Chrome browser?
Robert: you might try a stable version of Lectora. 17.1 is weirdly and (frankly) unacceptably buggy. Revert to 17.0.6.July 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #401263
Math NotermansMember119 pts@mnotermans5114
Have to agree with Carl on this on. 17.1 is unstable. Cannot get a decent title published, whereas 17.06 works fine. I am afraid Trivantis developers are focusing on getting 18 out before the end of the year, so donot think 17.1 will get a decent update.July 6, 2018 at 8:48 am #401270
Nice to know I’m not insane. Ill give tech support an email and see how I can roll back to the previous version. I create about one eLearning module a month, and would not want to have to slog through another four or five this way.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.