Explore the community Forums CourseMill CourseMill Questions and Answers Best Practices – integrating Cloud-based modules

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dana Musser
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    6 pts
    @danam

I am trying to figure out the best way to pull an outside vendor’s content into Coursemill.

The vendor says, “With the cloud-based option, many clients have found ways to track (the modules) within their LMS systems. Depending on your LMS capabilities, you may be able to track where a user goes after they click an external link. So you could set up your LMS to provide the user with the class ID and a link to our website. That way the LMS captures the user has signed up and gone to our website and possibly even track the actions the user took once they are at our website. Once the user completes the eLearning, the final quiz score is automatically emailed to the LMS administrator and can be entered into the LMS.”

Is this basically inserting the link into a Lectora module?

If this takes scripting I am going to need a lot of help.

#338975 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dana Musser
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    6 pts
    @danam

Not even a nibble on this one?

Ok….

#349481 Score: 0
    Profile photo of donwiggins
    donwiggins
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @donwiggins

Dana,

I apologize that no one got back to you on this. It does depend on the vendor. They do have to be AICC courses, unless they have a special wrapper. The vendor will usually give you import files to get the framework for the courses into CourseMill. We do have a special import program for Skillsoft that will get all of them in one fell swoop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.