Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers best result with MP4 converter ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marcel Milo
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi all,

i have encoded a short videofile with handbrake (Open Source Video Transcoder)

The result is a .m4v file. I think its the same like MP4. The quality is very good and the size very small.

When i will import it in my title in lectora online, it ask me to convert and if i do this (with compression level low), the qualtity is very bad.

But when i import it without converting, the videofile is  suddenly a black picture with text insert “Download File”

Has anyone an idea?

Attachments:
    #424247 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dom F
    Dom F
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @dfulgoni6403

Marcel,

I also use Handbrake and, yes, it’s an amazing tool for compressing video for eLearnings. However, I’m not sure why it’s outputting in .m4v for you. That’s an Apple-wrapped version of .mp4. Are you using one of the Apple device presets for output?

I use the Fast 1080p30 output under the General group, and everything plays clear and fast in Lectora.

Dominic

#424259 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Dom F
    Dom F
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @dfulgoni6403

I poked around a bit more, and found this in the Handbrake Documentation:

“They are the exact same file, the only difference is the extension. MP4 vs M4V.

For MP4 files, HandBrake will automatically use the extension M4V when you pass-through audio (AC3), use SRT subtitles or have chapter markers enabled.

You can simply change the file extension between .mp4 and .m4v as the file is exactly the same. There are no differences in the content or container itself.

You can disable the option to automatically set this in !HandBrakes preferences.”

Hope that helps,

Dominic

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #424445 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Marcel Milo
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi Domenic, thanks that works 🙂 Yes handbrake is really cool. That was the solution, i have only changed the extension to MP4 and then i could imported the file in lectora without encoding.

greetings Marcel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.