Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Best way to incorporate Captivate simulation with Lectora Enterprise Edition

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of majkaos
    majkaos
    @majkaos

I have a small Captivate 5.0 demo that I want to play seamlessly within a basic Lectora Enterprise Edition vX.6 (8458) title. Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

From a Lectora page I chose Add Animation and selected the SWF. The Captivate simulation plays fine, but just sits there at the end. I want it to continue to the next page in Lectora. Is there a better approach?
    I have 3 seperate Captivate SWF’s, (Lesson 1, 2, and 3) I would like to keep the lessons seperate. Each Lesson has it’s own page in Lectora.

I tried a Java script solution in the Captivate .SWF and then ran it in Lectora, I don’t think I set up the Variable correctly. When the first Captivate simulation ends, Lectora kicks the title out with an error message from IE. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I feel we are close to getting it to work, I’m just missing something. Can you help? I think it will only take a few minutes to solve. I have many more titles to do this in, so I’m motivated to learn it.
    Thank you for the help,

#284678 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kristi_Lozano
    Kristi_Lozano
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    @Kristi_Lozano

Hi Ron,

I’ve been researching how to do this for a while now, trying all the suggestions offered. Finally, I read and tried your solution and it worked!!! We are upgrading and I needed to move off Captivate 4. I have 5 now and was told by support that “nothing works because AS3 is self contained and doesn’t communicate with other programs.” Hope this same solution works for Captivate 6.

Kristi

@majkaos 47186 wrote:

😉 Good morning Sergey, Thank you for all the helpful information on my project/title. I was finally able to get it to work after many attempts with different solutions. The one that finally worked was a JavaScript in the Captivate project. trivNextPage() inserted in the script window at the Publish Settings. I published to a single file executable and that did not work. I published to the Trivantis ReviewLink web site(http://reviewlink.trivantis.com/reviewlink/home.html) and the title ran without the IE error that was appearing in the self executable version.
    Thank you again for taking time to help me get this project launched!

Kind Regards,
    Ron Bartholomew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.