Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joanna Webb
    Joanna Webb
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @jwebb.2478

Hi

I have produced a series of 360 still and video experiences using Cenario.  They work well on the desktop via my client’s LMS but when I try to open them on the headset browser they won’t properly make the 360 sphere.

Also sometimes they bring up a message about ‘Motion and orientation’ but this goes away if I switch between mobile and desktop version in the headset browser.

When I tested this a few months ago it worked without problem and would select 360 mode but now it’s not working any more.

Does anyone know please a way to fix this?

#446349 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    43 pts
    @johnb

All supported headsets, including the Oculus Go, have native CenarioVR apps that allow you to run the content and fully utilize the controllers in the 360 environment. Just check the store in the Oculus Go for CenarioVR.

This enables you to work with content published to CenarioVR.

#446381 Score: 1
    Joanna Webb
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @jwebb.2478

Hi

Thanks for your help which I really appreciate.

I know about the app, but I don’t want to use the app as I am hosting on the client’s LMS so I want to do it through the Browser.

Is the issue that the software doesn’t support WebXR only WebVR?  It was definitely working before and Google recently stopped supporting WebVR.

Also on a second point, I don’t know if you can help, but if I did persuade the client to use the app instead, does this mean that the client will need to pay an ongoing licence cost and is this the same as the cost for full authoring or is there a ‘hosting only’ cost?

Thanks!!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #446414 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    36 pts
    @CarlFink

Shot in the dark, Joanna, but have you tried Firefox WebVR on the Oculus headset? (I haven’t, but it’s on my “to do” list.)

#446449 Score: 0
    Joanna Webb
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @jwebb.2478

Thanks Carl I tried this, it worked but there is a huge lag in rendering the video as you turn your head which immediately caused me to get a headache.  It’s possible that this is down to the browser settings but I don’t know.

#446509 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    43 pts
    @johnb

For the headsets, we don’t really look at use on the in headset browsers, as we concentrate on the native apps themselves.

However we can take a look to see if the experience on the headset browser can be improved, it just won’t ever be as good as using the app which gives you the full capabilities of the device.

For the second part of your question, the answer is, “it depends”. With your authoring licence, you get 250 named viewer licences, so if your client has a smaller number of people that want to take the content, you could have them take it as users in your organization. If they do get their own licence (which yes, does come with a minimum of one authoring licence but then can have as many users tied to it as you want), they can then take advantage of the analytics they get from their users as they take the experiences.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.