Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Bugged OnClick actions on images

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

I have trouble making a simple image with attached On Click action work in Chrome on Mac, Android built-in browser and iOS web view. The image12345.up() function exits after this line:
    if( (is.ie || is.nsMac) && !e ) return

This is because e is undefined. In the line before that, e is set only for IE: if( is.ie ) e = event.

I guess some extra browser testing is in order. So far I just have to use transparent buttons on top of images.

#287773 Score: 0
    Profile photo of andy0dave
    andy0dave
    @andy0dave

I had a very similar problem. Images with actions wouldn’t work until something else on the page is clicked e.g. the background.

so for example lets say you 5 images on one page and all of them have an action to hide the clicked image and show the next clickable image. Swapping the first image actions onto a transparent button will fix the problem. Once the first Transparent button is clicked the remaining Images actions will run as expected.

Hope this helps someone!

#287772 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

Yes, buttons capture clicks in a different manner, so they work across all devices I had to test. And actions on buttons failed in Chrome on Mac.

#309073 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

Hey guys…this is a dated thread, but I’m wondering if either of you landed on a final resolution to this action+images issue on a Mac.  Was it associated with a particular version of Lectora (bug)?

I’m running into a similar issue with a course that started as v11, migrated to v12, and finally completed in v16.  Yep, the trifecta!  Here’s the fun part…if I take the v11 prototype and publish with 12.1.4 or 16.0.2, the images+actions function properly.  This, and the time of your threads, leads me to think it was some version of 12 that introduced the problem.

Thanks in advance!

BrianR

#309131 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

Let’s try pinging @support 🙂

#309576 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ed Thompson
    Ed Thompson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @EDT

Did you experience this with any specific action type, i.e. go to next page, display message, etc.? Also, were you testing content published out to HTML or were you seeing this once published out to SCORM or AICC and running from your LMS?

#309610 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

My experience was that there wasn’t any particular action(s) that caused the issue.  It was pretty much wholesale.  Some of the actions I used were Goto, Close Window, Display message, Pause media, Play media, Stop media, Run action group, Modify Variable.

The only publish I was able to test is a SCORM 1.2 version running on SCORM Cloud.  I don’t have a Mac so all testing was completed by my client.

To re-iterate an early comment, ALL features and actions work perfectly on Windows in any browser.  The issue only occurs on a Mac.

My solution in the short term is to change all the clickable objects from images+actions to buttons+actions.  When I use the button object, the issues goes away on a Mac.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.