Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Built In Matching Question Type

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan Carlson
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Hello –

I recently had a customer request a matching type question for their quiz. During their review, they were not satisfied with the standard matching question type that Lectora offers.

In Articulate, there are a few different ways that you can approach matching type questions that I used. They offer “drop-down list – matching” functionality and “drag and drop matching.” Is this not the case for Lectora Inspire 17? I tried searching for some video tutorials, but I’m only seeing something from 2013. I tried to use the drag-and-drop question type to create a 1-to-1 relationship between terms and definitions, but that did not work very well for me. It’s image dependent it seems? Not very built in. I read an article about the different types of drag-and-drop questions you can make, but I didn’t see an example of someone using it for a “definition to term” matching question type.  It says one to one, but the example seemed much different than what I have in mind.

Any of you more creative folks have done something like I’m describing? I’m probably not thinking outside the box enough.

Thanks,
    Ryan

#412991 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    251 pts
    @timk

I’ll never understand why people wish to spend so much time outside their cosy, comfortable boxes … If the box is too small, just make it bigger instead of jumping out of it completely. It’s cold out there 😉

I’m not sure if I understand correctly what you’re trying to achieve. For a Drag & Drop question, you definitely need an image to drop the items on. But you can use a transparent PNG to keep all the rest editable in Lectora.

Attachments:
    1. Title-1.zip
    #413003 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

This is EXACTLY what I meant. Wow. Thank you. I didn’t think about the fact that you could just make the image transparent. How were you able to create the definition text boxes and know that the drop zone would line up ? Did you use the exact x and y coordinates or something to position them correctly? I think I might be spacing how you were able to get those drop zones to align with the text boxes you created. Does that make any sense?

#413052 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    251 pts
    @timk

The drop zones have to be positioned by x and y but their size and position can be deduced from the textfields marking the zones. Each is 200 x 40. The drop image has the same height so all dropzones are at y = 0. The image is 610 px wide, for 3 dropzones of 200 px + 2 * 5 Pixel for the margin between the definitions. So the exact positions of the dropzones (on the image, not on the page) are:

1: 0,0

2: 205, 0

3: 410, 0

#413109 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Well… you are a much more intelligent person than I am. I have no idea how you were able to figure that out. My brain is wired incorrectly for that kind of critical thinking. I will have to adopt (nicer word for steal) what you’ve taught me and  apply this method to 5 terms and 5 definitions. I think I can figure that out (probably with lots of struggle)!

Thanks,

Ryan

#413227 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    106 pts
    @mnotermans5114

A simple trick i use to position targets on a invisible image to get them at the correct spot. Also create a visible version of the droptargets image. Position everything with that one exactly as you want. Then swap that visible image for the invisible one.

Regards,
    Math

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.