Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Button doesn't line up with click area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris Smith
    Chris Smith
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @csmith3209

I’m having a problem with version 18, that I haven’t noticed with previous versions, but maybe I just didn’t notice before. The click area over my back and next buttons doesn’t line up with the buttons. Users have to click below the buttons to get them to work.

Here is a video link to show what I mean. https://youtu.be/UGj1Yy08rRg

The buttons work fine in preview, but not in the published versions. I have tried several different browsers with the same result, and it isn’t just me. My entire team is experiencing the same problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

#420966 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    195 pts
    @Klaatu

It would help if we had a sample.

#420969 Score: 0
    Chris Smith
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @csmith3209

Well, you know what’s weird? The problem only exists when the content is in our LMS (BrightSpace). If I just upload it to my own website, it works fine (i.e. http://eliweb.com/test/ ). If I import it to the LMS as a SCORM object, it also works fine.

However, if just launch it as html from within the LMS, even when I am launching it in a new window from our learning object repository, I have the problem. I guess maybe it’s an LMS issue, not a Lectora issue.

#420984 Score: 0
    Chris Smith
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @csmith3209

SOLVED! It has nothing to do with Lectora at all.  If anyone has the LMS BrightSpace, it has something called a ReadSpeak button, which can interfere with interactions near the top of a page. Sorry.

#420988 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ashley Veney
    Ashley Veney
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @aveney3170

Glad you were able to get your problem solved, but I have Lectora 17 and I have the same problem with transparent buttons over objects in preview mode and in our LMS, unfortunately the best solution I could think of was to shift my content to where the button wanted to exist as opposed to where I originally placed it. So if anyone has this problem outside the LMS and has a better solution, please let me know.

#421017 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

@Arthur, if you posted a sample course to this thread people would try to debug it for you. That’s just how we are.

#421019 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Johnattan Barona
    Johnattan Barona
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    3 pts
    @jbarona9656

@Ashley

Hi, the issue you are experiencing has been fixed in v18 as per the release notes

https://www.trivantis.com/inspire-e-learning-software/release-notes-18

LD-6227: Buttons are no longer misaligned in published content responsive course design mode

If upgrading is not a possibility at the moment and you are comfortable with modifying a javascript file I will be more than happy to help with the issue.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.