Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Button in text box issue

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of devospice
    devospice
    @devospice

Hi,

I have text that is going to have buttons associated with the text that play voice overs and show some graphics. The buttons have to scroll with the text so they can stay with their associated phrases. I made a button, then cut and pasted it into the paragraph, and that seemed to work. However, when you scroll the text in Lectora there are some artifacts where the button isn’t properly erased as it goes off the top of the scroll box. If I scroll slowly it leaves only a small portion of the button, but the faster I scroll the more of the button is left on the top of the screen. If I click in the scroll area to page down the button doesn’t disappear at all.

I found another topic on these boards with a similar, but not exact, problem, and the guy mentioned that it only happens in Lectora. When he publishes and tests it in a browser the problem goes away. I was able to verify this. The problem does not happen in the web browser. (I tested Firefox, Safari, and IE on Windows.)

This project will eventually be published to SCORM. Am I going to have any issues with this when I go to publish? Other than doing the scrolling text and buttons in Flash is there any alternative method of doing this?

Thanks.

– TomHi,

I have text that is going to have buttons associated with the text that play voice overs and show some graphics. The buttons have to scroll with the text so they can stay with their associated phrases. I made a button, then cut and pasted it into the paragraph, and that seemed to work. However, when you scroll the text in Lectora there are some artifacts where the button isn’t properly erased as it goes off the top of the scroll box. If I scroll slowly it leaves only a small portion of the button, but the faster I scroll the more of the button is left on the top of the screen. If I click in the scroll area to page down the button doesn’t disappear at all.

I found another topic on these boards with a similar, but not exact, problem, and the guy mentioned that it only happens in Lectora. When he publishes and tests it in a browser the problem goes away. I was able to verify this. The problem does not happen in the web browser. (I tested Firefox, Safari, and IE on Windows.)

This project will eventually be published to SCORM. Am I going to have any issues with this when I go to publish? Other than doing the scrolling text and buttons in Flash is there any alternative method of doing this?

Thanks.

– Tom

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.