Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Can I remove the play button in the centre of a paused video !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #282230 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mrmad1966
    mrmad1966
    Member
    @mrmad1966

    I think my title says it all. On one of my pages I have a sound playing and I have a video playing at the same time. I have a group with two actions inside. Each action toggles the play mode, one for sound and one for video. When the user hits a pause button it runs the actions inside the group. Problem with Lectora v11 is that when video is paused it automatically adds a play button in the centre of the video (even if I have hidden the controller !) this causes sound and video to potentially all be out of sync..
    Thoughts on best way forward would be appreciated, really not keen yet on embedding the two into one file…
    Thanks

    #286105 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    Member
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

    Do not hide the controller. Choose “none” in controller options instead. This way there will be no buttons over the video.

    #286103 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mrmad1966
    mrmad1966
    Member
    @mrmad1966

    @ssneg 50041 wrote:

    Do not hide the controller. Choose “none” in controller options instead. This way there will be no buttons over the video.

    Thanks SSNEG, It is currently set to none ..

    #286106 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    Member
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

    Ah, I see. Okay, you have to edit your published title a little bit. Add ‘icons=false’ to all parameters in your html.
    Basically, open it in notepad and replace all “controlbar=none&” instances for your video with “controlbar=none&icons=false”. I guess you could do this on the fly as well, but it’ll require a tiny bit of JavaScript code, which I’m a little too busy to write right now.

    Here’s a working demo, notice how you can click on the video to pause/play and no button appears (Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari and IE10/9/8).

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11433463/trivantis/videopause/index.html

    #286104 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mrmad1966
    mrmad1966
    Member
    @mrmad1966

    @ssneg 50045 wrote:

    Ah, I see. Okay, you have to edit your published title a little bit. Add ‘icons=false’ to all parameters in your html.
    Basically, open it in notepad and replace all “controlbar=none&” instances for your video with “controlbar=none&icons=false”. I guess you could do this on the fly as well, but it’ll require a tiny bit of JavaScript code, which I’m a little too busy to write right now.

    Here’s a working demo, notice how you can click on the video to pause/play and no button appears (Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari and IE10/9/8).

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11433463/trivantis/videopause/index.html

    SSneg, You’re my hero,great to get an answer so quickly and efficiantly, thanks again my friend..

    #286108 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew.Baloga
    Andrew.Baloga
    Member
    @Andrew.Baloga

    I have not yet found where to replace the code in my published SCORM-compliant course. Is this work-around relevant in this case?

    #286107 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew.Baloga
    Andrew.Baloga
    Member
    @Andrew.Baloga

    @andrew.Baloga 50751 wrote:

    I have not yet found where to replace the code in my published SCORM-compliant course. Is this work-around relevant in this case?

    Nevermind. I figured it out and instead of using Notepad, I used Dreamweaver’s Find and Replace tool to replace instances on all 78 pages of my title.

    #286109 Score: 0
    Profile photo of AlfonsoWallace
    AlfonsoWallace
    Member
    @AlfonsoWallace

    @mrmad1966 50040 wrote:

    I think my title says it all. On one of my pages I have a sound playing and I have a video playing at the same time. I have a group with two actions inside. Each action toggles the play mode, one for sound and one for led light. When the user hits a pause button it runs the actions inside the group. Problem with Lectora v11 is that when video is paused it automatically adds a play button in the centre of the video (even if I have hidden the controller !) this causes sound and video to potentially all be out of sync..
    Thoughts on best way forward would be appreciated, really not keen yet on embedding the two into one file…
    Thanks

    Got the information I was searching for.. I wanted to remove the play button and I am really fortunate to found the thread… Thanks friends

    #320938 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Daniel S
    Daniel S
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    contributor
    @ds8538

    Is it possible to do this in the latest Lectora (16.1.2)? I can’t find those “controlbar=none&” in html?

    Thank you

    #320948 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    Member
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    profile
    192 pts
    @Klaatu

    Try this. Add an HTML Extension –  cascading style sheet with the following declaration:

    .mejs-overlay-button{
    visibility:hidden;
    }

    Darrel

     

     

     

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #320964 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Daniel S
    Daniel S
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    contributor
    @ds8538

    Thanks Darrel! It works 🙂

    #328063 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Keith Cook
    Keith Cook
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    @kcook6520

    Forgive my ignorance guys, but what file in the published project do I open to include that HTML extension?

    #328064 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    Member
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    249 pts
    @timk

    An html extension is a Lectora object that allows you to add custom code:

    Insert > Add Web Object > Html Extension (Ctrl + Shift + 4)

    Tim

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.