Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Can no longer view offline content (missing awesomium.dll)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kevinelmore
    kevinelmore
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    @kevinelmore

Hi there. Our offline content is inaccessible all of a sudden. When I try to launch it in IE or Chrome, I receive an error message with LectoraViewer.exe that “The program can’t start because awesomium.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

I do see there’s already awesomium.dll within the content folder, so what exactly is it asking me to do? I cannot ensure that this file is on a user’s computer nor would I know which folder it should be in. How can I ensure that my published offline content is viewable? It simply won’t launch.

#426130 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

You say, “When I try …” (emphasis added). Does this happen only on your computer, or everyone’s? If it’s just yours, reinstalling Lectora would probably resolve the problem. You might also just be able to re-register the DLL with the command:

regsvr32 /i awesomium.dll

I’m no expert but I believe that DLL is involved in web browser embedding.  It would make sense that Lectoraviewer would use that, since the main publishing target is always HTML.

Generally, when reporting a problem, it’s a good idea to give your Lectora version, your windows version, etc. Also, if possible uploading the problem content here would let people test it.

#426148 Score: 0
    kevinelmore
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    @kevinelmore

I see your point. I did ask another to try the link to the published output. She received the same error message about awesomium.dll.

I’m using Lectora 17 and currently on Windows 7 Enterprise, which may be why I get an error trying to run your regsvr command. I can’t upload the project in its current state unfortunately.

#426151 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    309 pts
    @timk

When I publish a course to offline (ZIP / EXE / neither) from Lectora 17.0.6 / Windows 10, it works with no issues. You might try with a sample course, e.g. only empty pages with a next and previous button, just to make sure it does not result from something in your content (although I don’t know what that might be).

#426154 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

@kevinelmore, I strongly suspect a problem with your Lectora setup, and suggest that you try publishing from a different computer. (You can install the Lectora trial version on any system to test.) If I’m right, a reinstall might fix the problem. Probably would.

#427231 Score: 0
    kevinelmore
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    @kevinelmore

I was able to test this on a different machine (this one using Windows 10). This problem continues to happen even though I upgraded to Lectora 18 now.

Any other reasons why this would be happening?

#427233 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

Can you upload a zip archive of a course that gives this error? Maybe a simplified version as @tim K. recommended?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.