Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Can you send Test Results via email without the User knowing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Catherine Delbrugge
    Catherine Delbrugge
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @cdelbrugge4923

I’m trying to set up the Test Results to be submitted via of email.  I’m able to see the test results for both the overall and for each individual question, through the result dialog box, and I’m able to set up the email criteria and the email window opens with the specific user identified.  What I cannot figure out is how to combine the two.  To have the test results in the body of the email and to have the email automatically send to the specific user identified, with the results of the User responses for each question.  Right now the body of the email is empty and is waiting for the User to hit the SEND button.  Currently we don’t want the end user to know their results since their job depends on the score that they receive.

#321040 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

You cannot send emails from a user’s PC without their knowledge/consent.

If their job depends on it, you should select a more secure way to assess them. Ideally, you should install an LMS and use it for assessment. If you cannot do that, you can choose to submit test results to Google Forms (standard in Lectora), which will be a) invisible to the users and b) significantly more convenient for you compared digging through all the emails with test results.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #321051 Score: 0
    Catherine Delbrugge
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @cdelbrugge4923

Thanks Sergey – yes we do have an LMS to track the score, we just recently moved from TowerWatson LMS to the ORACLE LMS.  This team that I’m working with also want to know which questions the Users are getting right and wrong, this will also determine if the assessment is fair.  I will look more into Google Forms, which I’m assuming is the same as Google Docs…I first need to determine if I can use Google Docs to store information from Work.  Thanks again for your help and moving me into another directions that sound easy enough to do.  Cathy

#321071 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Paul Thomas
    Paul Thomas
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    5 pts
    @pthomas1378

Could they not possibly utilize server side email via PHP? This should prevent from having to utilize third party resources.

#321110 Score: 0
    Catherine Delbrugge
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @cdelbrugge4923

Paul,

When you are referring to PHP are you referring to the ColdFusion Server – which we do have at work.  So are you saying I can connect the ColdFusion Server Database to track the responses for the Questions.  If so that would be awesome, to where I can work with our ColdFusion Team.  I currently have several Database Application on our ColdFusion Server.  Please let me know.

Thanks Cathy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.