Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

First, I am using the WebVTT captioning format since that is recommended. I thought the captioning used to have a shaded box behind it. Now there is nothing. You can’t read the text over any light backgrounds. I tried changing the font color, size, and location at the start of the captioning. I am following the examples using the <span> to set it up, but nothing changes. Is there a way to add a dark box behind the captioning text – that would be ideal? I’ve uploaded a video to show you what I am talking about.

Attachments:
    1. CC-Video..mp4
    #452156 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Holland
    John Holland
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    4 pts
    @jholland.6843

Hello Deb.  On you first issues, any changes you make in a span tag only effects the text in that span tag pair. It is not a file wide setting.  if there is not text betweent the <span> and </span> tag pair, then no changes will be made.

<span style=”text-align:right;”></span>

Closed caption text line number one.

This would not apply the text-align command to the text.  The following would:

<span style=”text-align:right;”>Closed caption text line number one.</span>

We are looking at the second issue of the caption background box not displaying.

#452283 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

Hi @deb,

John asked me to follow up here, the development team is looking into these issues.

You can add a background color to captions using the following temporary workaround:

LO Title->On Show-> Run JavaScript
    triv$( '.mejs__captions-text', getDisplayDocument() ).css("background-color","black");

– Joe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.