Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tracey Ann Brown
    Tracey Ann Brown
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    @tbrown4822

We have been having an issue with creating Camtasia videos and outputting to closed captioning. In order to save to an MP4 for posting on our website (ShaerPoint based), we have to burn the captions. We want to input these videos into a Lectora module. When I select the export to Lectora option, I get a message that says “Captions use their closed captioning capabilities.” Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!

#363570 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tracey Ann Brown
    Tracey Ann Brown
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    @tbrown4822

Excuse me, that is “lose” their capabilities. And, I do get the controller, but no cc option.

#363638 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Liz Wilson
    Liz Wilson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    wise owl
    advanced
    entry
    contributor
    3 pts
    @lwilson7839

Hi Tracey Ann! Have you tried exporting the captions from Camtasia into SRT, and then loading that SRT file into Lectora to use its CC capabilities instead of Camtasia’s?

To export the captions as an SRT, open the captions menu in Camtasia, go to the little Settings cog, and then select “Export Captions.” If you haven’t used Lectora’s CC functionality before, there’s a good guide here: https://community.trivantis.com/knowledge-base/how-to-add-closed-captions-to-video-and-audio-in-lectora/ (You can skip over step B since the SRT file is already created)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.