January 8, 2019 at 4:47 am #414947
MITCHELL MARCIALESMember1 pt@mmarciales6815
I just started with Cenario VR, and as of right now I’m a bit disappointed at the lack of options and functionality it has. To be fair it runs really fast, but its lack of basic stuff is really irritating. With out further ado, here’s my wish list (and somewhat a rant list) for Cenario VR:
- Support for PNG animated sequences with transparency. (Basic stuff really, if we can output to HTML5 this should be supported).
- Better asset management asset system (adding assets to certain elements is not intuitive).
- A menu to delete, add, assets (see above).
- When an object needs to be hidden after its been shown through a rule it should not pop up for a few seconds when going back to a scene. This is particularly consistent when showing final scores
- need a rule that allows scene to stop at a specific point in time.
- A way to animate visibility of objects. Try to do that with rules is Wonky and limiting in options. Creates conflict when adding more than one visibility rule for example…
- Once you have a time rule specifying seconds, and want to add anther time rule, you have to specify seconds again to make it work, no just NO!
- No options on Cenario to start media on a specific time. I literally have to go to Audition and/or Premiere to cut my media and import it again.
- Be able to apply a rule or rules to all my scenes at once. (No, Copying a rule and pasting it on the other scenes one by one doesn’t count).
Cenario could really benefit by being Marketed with good content. As of now Cenario is so limited that creating decent content is way more difficult than it should (let alone good content). I really should not have to be looking at platforms like Unity to be able to get the functionality I need. At the end of the day Cenario VR is a platform to create content, yes its VR, but audio/visual content nonetheless, I would suggest to take a look at the funcionality of programs like Premiere, Nuke (nodes would be amazing, but I doubt that’s on the menu; not even Adobe can give us a proper node system), After effects, Audition, Maya, Cinema4D, etc. and just copy their tools. Seriously, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.
I apologize if I’m being salty. It’s late, I’m tired, and I have to show this course tommorr… I mean today in a few hours.
January 8, 2019 at 9:51 am #414966
- This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by MITCHELL MARCIALES.
There are several things here which I think we have some good news for:
need a rule that allows scene to stop at a specific point in time.
You have the “Pause Scene” action that can be used to stop the scene at any time. You can then use “Play Scene” to start it again, perhaps after some user interaction, or even “Jump To Scene Time” to move around in the timeline.
Once you have a time rule specifying seconds, and want to add anther time rule, you have to specify seconds again to make it work
When you create a timed event, the event is created at the current time on the timeline slider, Also, you can have multiple actions happen on the same time event by selecting the “Add Action” button.
No options on Cenario to start media on a specific time. I literally have to go to Audition and/or Premiere to cut my media and import it again.
Any media can be started at any time by using timed events on the timeline, or in response to any user interaction as well. Just use the “Play Media” action to play any MP3 audio or MP4 video. You can also use the “Stop Media” action to stop a currently running media item.
We are looking at implementing animation actions for objects as well so that you will be able to animate objects at any time, not just when making them visible.
Hi this is kannan from india, i am using Cenario VR, after publish to moodle there was a problem, i am not able to see properly, through the cenario VR app is fine, moodle web player supporting not good, please help me out. is there any plugin to installing my moodle.August 27, 2019 at 10:50 am #430833
I’m not familiar with the Moodle Web player, are you running SCORM content, or just HTML? Does it run in a separate window, or an iFrame inside of Moodle? What are the issues you saw when running the content?February 25, 2020 at 4:20 am #439669
I’m a new user and also have a list of features I’d like to see:
March 10, 2020 at 4:18 am #440427
- Asset management
- Way to delete unused content imported images
- Don’t allow duplicate filenames
- Ability to trim audio and videos
- SVG import
- Scene objects
- Drag handles that don’t all do the same object resizing
- x,y,z, rotate values so can precisely position and rotate objects
- Tool tip ability to position top, bottom, left and right (not just top)
- Increase no of default icon image resources with ability to change colour
- Addition of interface on/off panels e.g. so can have a close button that is inline with image object
- Shadow on/off option
- Embedding of YouTube videos
- URL object type so can link to websites
- Info cards that allow images and text
- Audio text to speech object with male / female voices
- Import of 3D objects
- Progress indicator / play / pause for video scenes
- Object navigator / finder (top corner circle with coloured dots for all objects in scene)
- Translation of text, either automated after opening and choosing language or save as separate version
- Prebuilt templates / samples
If a scene has audio its not obvious for users (especially on desktops) to know its playing. Could there be an option for an audio or speaker icon to appear. Or allow users to import animated gifs.March 12, 2020 at 8:31 am #440551
You could certainly show a speaker icon when you are playing audio, and then hide it on the “On Done” action for the audio if you would like a visual representation of the audio playing.
Animated GIFs fall under the same issue as some of the others, its a Web thing, unsupported on VR headsets. 3D model animations, which are much more suited to the immersive environment, and much nicer than animated GIFs are coming soon, we are working on them as we speak.April 3, 2020 at 4:11 am #441737
I have another feature request. I want to add an introduction audio welcome message to auto play on start, in my main menu. If the user clicks off to one of the menu button scenes I don’t want the audio to play again during the session. The feature would be a background audio scene property with an option to play once.
I got it working using variables and actions. I added the audio to the menu scene and made sure it didn’t autoplay. I then went into each menu button scene and added 1 to a counter variable. On the main menu scene properties I added an action on show, to play the audio if the counter equaled 0.April 7, 2020 at 2:10 pm #442017
Thats certainly one way to do it. You could also just have an “On Show” action for the scene that plays the audio with several conditions, each checking that the other scenes “Have not been visited”. That way you don’t have multiple actions or the need for a variable.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.