January 8, 2019 at 4:47 am #414947
I just started with Cenario VR, and as of right now I’m a bit disappointed at the lack of options and functionality it has. To be fair it runs really fast, but its lack of basic stuff is really irritating. With out further ado, here’s my wish list (and somewhat a rant list) for Cenario VR:
- Support for PNG animated sequences with transparency. (Basic stuff really, if we can output to HTML5 this should be supported).
- Better asset management asset system (adding assets to certain elements is not intuitive).
- A menu to delete, add, assets (see above).
- When an object needs to be hidden after its been shown through a rule it should not pop up for a few seconds when going back to a scene. This is particularly consistent when showing final scores
- need a rule that allows scene to stop at a specific point in time.
- A way to animate visibility of objects. Try to do that with rules is Wonky and limiting in options. Creates conflict when adding more than one visibility rule for example…
- Once you have a time rule specifying seconds, and want to add anther time rule, you have to specify seconds again to make it work, no just NO!
- No options on Cenario to start media on a specific time. I literally have to go to Audition and/or Premiere to cut my media and import it again.
- Be able to apply a rule or rules to all my scenes at once. (No, Copying a rule and pasting it on the other scenes one by one doesn’t count).
Cenario could really benefit by being Marketed with good content. As of now Cenario is so limited that creating decent content is way more difficult than it should (let alone good content). I really should not have to be looking at platforms like Unity to be able to get the functionality I need. At the end of the day Cenario VR is a platform to create content, yes its VR, but audio/visual content nonetheless, I would suggest to take a look at the funcionality of programs like Premiere, Nuke (nodes would be amazing, but I doubt that’s on the menu; not even Adobe can give us a proper node system), After effects, Audition, Maya, Cinema4D, etc. and just copy their tools. Seriously, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.
I apologize if I’m being salty. It’s late, I’m tired, and I have to show this course tommorr… I mean today in a few hours.
January 8, 2019 at 9:51 am #414966
- This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by MITCHELL MARCIALES.
John BlackmonModerator29 pts@johnb
There are several things here which I think we have some good news for:
need a rule that allows scene to stop at a specific point in time.
You have the “Pause Scene” action that can be used to stop the scene at any time. You can then use “Play Scene” to start it again, perhaps after some user interaction, or even “Jump To Scene Time” to move around in the timeline.
Once you have a time rule specifying seconds, and want to add anther time rule, you have to specify seconds again to make it work
When you create a timed event, the event is created at the current time on the timeline slider, Also, you can have multiple actions happen on the same time event by selecting the “Add Action” button.
No options on Cenario to start media on a specific time. I literally have to go to Audition and/or Premiere to cut my media and import it again.
Any media can be started at any time by using timed events on the timeline, or in response to any user interaction as well. Just use the “Play Media” action to play any MP3 audio or MP4 video. You can also use the “Stop Media” action to stop a currently running media item.
We are looking at implementing animation actions for objects as well so that you will be able to animate objects at any time, not just when making them visible.
Hi this is kannan from india, i am using Cenario VR, after publish to moodle there was a problem, i am not able to see properly, through the cenario VR app is fine, moodle web player supporting not good, please help me out. is there any plugin to installing my moodle.August 27, 2019 at 10:50 am #430833
John BlackmonModerator29 pts@johnb
I’m not familiar with the Moodle Web player, are you running SCORM content, or just HTML? Does it run in a separate window, or an iFrame inside of Moodle? What are the issues you saw when running the content?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.