Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Suggestions Cenario VR Wishlist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MITCHELL MARCIALES
    MITCHELL MARCIALES
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    @mmarciales6815

So,

I just started with Cenario VR, and as of right now I’m a bit disappointed at the lack of options and functionality it has. To be fair it runs really fast, but its lack of basic stuff is really irritating. With out further ado, here’s my wish list (and somewhat a rant list) for Cenario VR:

• Support for PNG animated sequences with transparency. (Basic stuff really, if we can output to HTML5 this should be supported).
    • Better asset management asset system (adding assets to certain elements is not intuitive).
    • A menu to delete, add, assets (see above).
    • More and better condition options and or rules and maybe (Gasp!) a scripting console that supports Javascript would be nice (although I’m not a programmer, I have access to them). And c’mon guys I looked under the hood I know what’s in there.
    • When an object needs to be hidden after its been shown through a rule it should not pop up for a few seconds when going back to a scene. This is particularly consistent when showing final scores
    • need a rule that allows scene to stop at a specific point in time.
    • A way to animate visibility of objects. Try to do that with rules is Wonky and limiting in options. Creates conflict when adding more than one visibility rule for example…
    • Once you have a time rule specifying seconds, and want to add anther time rule, you have to specify seconds again to make it work, no just NO!
    • No options on Cenario to start media on a specific time. I literally have to go to Audition and/or Premiere to cut my media and import it again.
    • Be able to apply a rule or rules to all my scenes at once. (No, Copying a rule and pasting it on the other scenes one by one doesn’t count).

Cenario could really benefit by being Marketed with good content. As of now Cenario is so limited that creating decent content is way more difficult than it should (let alone good content). I really should not have to be looking at platforms like Unity to be able to get the functionality I need. At the end of the day Cenario VR is a platform to create content, yes its VR, but audio/visual content nonetheless, I would suggest to take a look at the funcionality of programs like Premiere, Nuke (nodes would be amazing, but I doubt that’s on the menu; not even Adobe can give us a proper node system), After effects, Audition, Maya, Cinema4D, etc. and just copy their tools. Seriously, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

I apologize if I’m being salty. It’s late, I’m tired, and I have to show this course tommorr… I mean today in a few hours.

Good night.

#414966 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    28 pts
    @johnb

There are several things here which I think we have some good news for:

need a rule that allows scene to stop at a specific point in time.

You have the “Pause Scene” action that can be used to stop the scene at any time. You can then use “Play Scene” to start it again, perhaps after some user interaction, or even “Jump To Scene Time” to move around in the timeline.

Once you have a time rule specifying seconds, and want to add anther time rule, you have to specify seconds again to make it work

When you create a timed event, the event is created at the current time on the timeline slider, Also, you can have multiple actions happen on the same time event by selecting the “Add Action” button.

No options on Cenario to start media on a specific time. I literally have to go to Audition and/or Premiere to cut my media and import it again.

Any media can be started at any time by using timed events on the timeline, or in response to any user interaction as well. Just use the “Play Media” action to play any MP3 audio or MP4 video. You can also use the “Stop Media” action to stop a currently running media item.

We are looking at implementing animation actions for objects as well so that you will be able to animate objects at any time, not just when making them visible.

There won’t be support for a JavaScript console, as CenarioVR has runtimes for various devices, including the Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, and many more devices coming. The runtimes are not Web based for all of the supported types. That also holds true for the Animated PNG, which is not even well supported on desktop based browsers, much less on headsets. We are looking to implement native 3D support and animations in the future, which will give you a much better animation possibilities in VR.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.