Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Suggestions Cenario VR Wishlist

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh Vaughan
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

When using the CenarioVR app, I’m not sure you need the little square icon in the bottom right corner. On the desktop version it makes the browser go full screen but on the app the button doesn’t seem to do anything so I think it needs to be hidden / removed.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #448880 Score: 0
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

Another useful feature would be the ability to get notified by email when new ‘Public Scenarios’ get added. I’m always interested to see what others are doing but would like an email to tell me new content was published rather than opening CenarioVR and going to the public area and filtering by publish date.

#448955 Score: 1
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

Any chance of adding a duration setting to the ‘Pan To’ action? Currently its quite quick, I want a smoother movement. What I’m trying to do is a screen recording of me panning around a scene so the ability to also pan up and down not just across would be useful as well.

#449001 Score: 1
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

In Google Tour Creator you can create info hotpots which all appear in a box and the ones which you have clicked/visited have ticks next to them, this would be useful as its a bit more automated, currently you could do the same but it would take a while to create.

Also by default when you visit a scene, it does a smooth pan of the entire scene. I like this feature to introduce the environment to users.

Attachments:
    #449004 Score: 0
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

I’d like to make a CenarioVR  available to a select number of people who I provide a url to but I don’t want it to show up in the Public Scenarios area. Is there a way to make a CenarioVR unlisted like you can in Tour Creator?

#449009 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

Hugh, I would personally like the ability to make text hotspots. Currently, you can only make images or 3D models into hotspots. Also shapes–why can’t an arbitrary polgyon be a hotspot?

You can work around the sharing scenario thing by exporting to HTML5, then putting that code on your own server, if that capability is available to you. Or, if an LMS is easier, you can export as SCORM and add that to the server. In my limited testing both have the disadvantage that, unlike actual CenarioVR scenarios, they don’t download every component before playing, meaning long pauses if you use 3D video. With stills they work OK.

#449017 Score: 0
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

Thanks, yes publishing as a SCORM or HTML5 could work, although its a bit more time consuming to publish, download and upload into a LMS than just providing a url.

The LearnUpon LMS doesn’t seem to take HTML5 packages but the SCORM works.

It looks like publishing as SCORM also removes the need to login (so is sort of public / free access). Is there a way to force the login, that way the CenarioVR user analytics are retained.

#449041 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

Hugh, you’d presumably have to use your LRS/LMS system’s analytics instead of eLearning Brothers’, if you don’t run it from their server. They have no way to know who is using the scenario once it’s exported.

#451006 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

One more small thing: I’m working on a narrated scene in my scenario. If I want to check timings later in the sequence of events, I can start playback at, say, 25 second. Problem: this never triggers the audio that starts playing at 1 second, so I can’t actually check the timing.

#451054 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

So, working with the scene timeline is unnecessarily finicky. To click on the timeline, or the “stem” of an event flag, you have to literally hit a single pixel. I can’t see any UX reason the clickable area couldn’t be beefed up. You wouldn’t even have to change the graphics. Make the circle indicating the playhead bigger as well. Again, I don’t see a downside to this.

No, I don’t plan to stop doing this. 🙂

#451107 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

Just a thought: currently, if add an image with the same filename as the previous one, there’s no warning and it apparently just overwrites the previous version. That’s fine for me, but do you maybe want to have a confirmation dialog?

EDIT: it’s worse. If you add an identical-name file, it gets added without deleting the other file. Now the dropdown list of available images includes all the variants of that name, in no detectable order. To add the correct one from the dropdown you have to try all of them until you find the version you want. Multiple files with the same name in the same list violates some pretty standard rules of interface design.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #451110 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

Have you considered adding an “overlay” that appears on all screens? In my work so far, I almost always want a standard navigation interface (which might be as simple as a single hotspot that appears in every scene, which takes you to a navigation-specific top-down view), and maybe an exit button. Thoughts?

#452432 Score: 0
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

A scene, make ‘Home scene’ (the 1st / landing page a user sees) or send to top would be useful. For whatever reason, today CenarioVR won’t let me move scenes around in either Chrome or Edge. I ended up copying a scene and deleting a scene to get the scenes repositioned.

#452482 Score: 0
    Hugh Vaughan
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    4 pts
    @hvaughan.2540

I’d like some default global settings to be added e.g. show/hide all info cards, show/hide all hotspots, turn on/off sound… Each CenarioVR could then have a settings button which when clicked displayed a set of toggle buttons to turn on/off these features which worked (saved) across all scenes.

For example, currently I can add a settings button to show/hide all the info cards on the screen but its a slow process per scene and won’t work across all scenes. I can add a boolean variable and test on that on scene startup, if it is 0, use conditions on all my info cards to turn off but when I open a new scene (with another set of hide actions) there is a second gap before they switch off, the user sees the labels for a split second before they disappear.

I’d also like a  few more features that normal virtual tour software has, like clickable thumbnails linking to other scenes and an autogenerated list of scene names. Skins / templates would be good as well, come up with set colours / styles which can be applied rather than customising each time.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.