Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Change Theme Graphics for Mobile View

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

How do I disable or change a couple of the theme graphics for phone and tablet view?

#407160 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Brian Robertson
    Brian Robertson
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    3 pts
    @brobertson4402

Place all of the theme graphics in your title in the desktop view. Then move the graphics intended for phone and/or tablet off the page.

In phone view, move/size the appropriate graphics on the page and the desktop graphics off the page.

We do something similar with a simple text box instructing students that the course is best viewed in landscape and please rotate your device.  This text box is off the page in desktop and landscape views. We move it onto the page in portrait views and size it to fill the page so this message is the only visible object.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #408097 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Out of curiosity @TxLady, do you want to change it for functionality purposes or design reasons? I only ask because our themes are designed to be responsive.

#408207 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

I was working with one of the themes that has circles in the lower left that you can put an image inside the circle.  It worked great for a desktop and the tablet landscape view.  But my images simply didn’t show up for other views.  In the other views – I was seeing the default text in the circles that said to place an image here or something like that. I had a tight deadline so I just deleted the images and left the circles in the lower-left as a visual.

But I do like that particular theme look sometimes – so the answer I got from Brian Robertson (above) helps a lot.

I was probably doing something wrong but didn’t have time to chase it down.

So thank you Brian for your detailed answer and I will try that.

As always – I love the product and the Trivantis Community.  Thank you.

#409816 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Which theme are you speaking of?  I’d be happy to bring it to developments attention for a quick review.

#409862 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

It’s called “On Display Lime”.  If there is a trick to making the images work on mobile view – I’d love to know.  I think this is a really cute theme that can be a touch of whimsy or for a subject with a lighter note.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.