Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Change title that appears after publishing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of justspiffy
    justspiffy
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    @justspiffy

There is a title thats popping up after we publish and upload to our LMS on the top left side of the course. See image(AC1 Introduction…). How do I change this title?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of justspiffy justspiffy .
    Attachments:
    #368166 Score: 0
    justspiffy
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    @justspiffy

I was just told by support that in order to find what is causing this, I would have to remove each layer in my project(there are thousands), publish, and upload to my LMS to see if its still there. This is not a valid solution, it would take weeks to do this. There has to be a way to simply remove this title.

Does anyone have any ideas?

#368206 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    117 pts
    @jvalley4735

If you left click and look at the properties of the object you may be able to find the resource name associated.  Then cross-reference it in the resource manager.  Are you able to share the files?

#368213 Score: 0
    justspiffy
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    @justspiffy

Im not 🙁 I just spoke with another person from their support team. I advised them that I did not create the bar that goes around the course that has the title and X box – they said that Lectora would not have created this box with the title and X box, and that perhaps it was created by my LMS. Would you know if this was true? I want to make sure that it was not created by Lectora before I go to the client with this information.

The top part of the image is what the top of the course looks like within Lectora. This is how it should look. The bottom image is what it looks like on our LMS.

Attachments:
    #368312 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

Which LMS is it?

It’s not uncommon that the LMS displays the course in a frame. In your case the frame seems to be too small, as parts of the page are missing? Of course I cannot officially confirm that the title comes from the LMS, but if it’s not in your title where else could it come from? This is definitely not something Lectora adds automatically. Also, this title seems to be outside the frame in that the course is displayed, i.e. in a part of the page the course can’t influence (unless you’ve integrated scripts to do it).

In moodle you can decide in the settings of the Scorm activity whether or not to display the course title in the moodle window. Maybe there’s something similar in your LMS?

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #368570 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    117 pts
    @jvalley4735

Agree with Tim!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.