Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Chapter/Section Lists

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of William R
    William R
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @wr3030

Is there a way to access a list of all chapters and sections in a title? I don’t see a reserved variable for it.

There’s current chapter name, current section name, total pages in section, and total pages in chapter. But.. is there a way, from any page in the title, to query for a list of ALL chapters/sections?

If not, I’m heading right over to the suggestions forums!

#419603 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

Are you talking about for an end user to access a list of chapters/sections?  If so, then adding a Table of Contents would work (e.g. table of contents, and then under properties – ‘included Pages’ just identify the chapters/sections you want available.

#419644 Score: 0
    William R
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @wr3030

No, unfortunately I’m not thinking about displaying it to the user. I was more looking for a way to gain access to a the chapter/section breakdown programmatically. It would be great if there was a reserved variable that contained the names of all of the sections/chapters.

#419652 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

I see – so you need something you would access often enough making it too much trouble to just create your own variables for the Chapters / section names?

#419655 Score: 1
    William R
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @wr3030

I’m trying to avoid having to create these variables on a per course basis as I am building a custom navigation menu using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript that will be used in a course template for many courses going forward. If I could easily pull the course/section names in their entirety on any given page (as the menu is dynamically built with code on each page), this would allow me to populate the menu chapters/sections based entirely on the names of the chapters/sections as entered by the course designer inside Lectora.

I have thought about putting the Table of Contents object on the page and digging it out of the HTML text nodes generated by the TOC, but I worry that this will be messy. I’m thinking it’ll have go to into the suggestion box 😐

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.