Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Carl – That’s an interesting find.  If you’re not running it through an LMS, are you simply hosting the web-only content on a webserver and/or running the HTML locally?  All of the content I create for this customer is intended to run through their LMS and the LMS of their customers, so that piece of the puzzle is critical for me.

I’ll be curious to see if Jennifer or another Trivantis moderator picks up on this thread and can share any known issues with the non-seamless player.  Again, all my testing points to some compatibility between non-seamless content and a recent change in Chrome.  Those are the consistent factors present when the full screen crash occurs.

#419613 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

Hey Carl, I’ve been unable to recreate this error. I updated Chrome on my desktop and on one of our Androids and published to scorm, going full screen is working ok for me.  I’ll keep trying, but I’ll also see if you’re able to give a stripped down version of your title. We don’t have any known issues related to this crash at this time.

#419620 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Tea – Quick question.  When you publish your SCORM content, are you unchecking “Publish for Seamless Play”?  If I leave this value checked, my full screen also works as expected.  For me, the key has been unchecking this value and testing the course when it’s using the non-seamless player.  This is when the Chrome full screen issue consistently occurs.

Thanks in advance.

#419622 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

Brian, I set the title up as a WCAG title so that option is disabled.  Do you have any titles (published without Seamless) that do not have this crash, or has every title you tried crashed?

#419624 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Thanks for clarifying the WCAG setting and non-seamless.  It’s interesting that it works for you.  Are you testing in an LMS?  I only ask because Carl mentioned that one of his v17.0.6 courses works outside an LMS, but when running it through an LMS, continues to fail in Chrome.

During my testing yesterday, I pulled some older SCORM packages published v16.2.2, 17.1.2, and 17.1.7 (without the seamless player).  Thus far, any non-seamless course I’ve tested on SCORM Cloud exhibits the same issue.  As far I’m aware, all of these courses worked fine in Chrome back at the time of their publish.

I’m going to work with my customer to see how/what I might share with the forum.

#419626 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    41 pts
    @CarlFink

Tea, I wasn’t planning to hijack Brian’s thread into discussion of my probably-unrelated issue. I’m using the MediaPlayer.JS player, not the one built into Lectora, for one thing.

#419628 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

I’m testing in scorm cloud, and I was using v18.0.2.  I’ll try with v17 also.  I made a pretty basic title, my first page has an MP4. Hopefully you can share your title, or maybe the video(s) you are using.

#419630 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

Carl, my replay was supposed to be for Brian’s original post, I just typed your name in by accident. I’m just hoping we can figure out what’s causing this

#419632 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Cool.  I have an email into them to see what we can do.

In the meantime, I’ll probably take your approach.  Start a new, empty title, and create a super simple test course.  I’ll slowly add features and functionality relating to the video and see what happens.

Thanks again for the assistance and feedback Tea.

#419634 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

On a related tangent, I’d be open to using a different player.  Historically, I’ve been pretty happy with Lectora’s built-in player.  It’s simple and functions well across multiple LMS and network configs.  But, if there’s another player out there that devs have used with consistent success, I wouldn’t mind trying it.  Especially if I can use my existing VTT files for closed caption.

#419636 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

Brian, do you have CC on the videos that are crashing?

#419642 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Tea – Yep, I do.  However during my various testing yesterday, I removed the captions and republished.  The error persisted.

#419657 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Update…I started a new course using the “Create New Title” and then selected the “Accessibility” option.  This title has a video in it with captions enabled, and is configured to Use Web Accessibility Settings .  I published the course (using v18.0.2) and uploaded to SCORM.  When I reach the video page and attempt to go full screen, I get the same result in Chrome.  Both the course and LMS window crash with the messages I included earlier in the screen shots.

If I republish this course to use the seamless player (that’s the only change…no modifications to the content), full screen video in Chrome works just fine!

#419659 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

Thanks Brian, I can try to recreate on scorm using this this title now. Under the HTML options, can you tell me which options you have set?  And you get this error on you desktop also, correct?

#419664 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    9 pts
    @broeme

Sure thing…attached are the HTML tab settings I used.

Regarding your question about the desktop.  If you mean publishing to an web-only format and testing locally, I haven’t done that yet, but happy to do so.  If desktop refers to my laptop (versus a mobile device), then yes, I’ve replicated this issue on various Windows machines at multiple locations and networks.

I got permission to import my customer’s prototype course to SCORM Cloud and share it with the dev forum.  I’ll get on that asap and share some login credentials.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.