Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

Here are the credentials to the prototype.  Once logged in, the “Ask for Time to Talk” course is the one you’ll launch.  This course was published with the Web Accessible setting enabled, thus no seamless player.  If time permits for a test, I’ll be curious to see if your Chrome browser is able to go full screen on the video page.

URL: http://cloud.scorm.com
    ID: demo_3ed@outlook.com
    PWD: time2demo!

#419669 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @tea

Yes, by desktop I was meaning not a mobile device. Thanks for the html settings

#419671 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @tea

Brian, I was able to reproduce the crash with your html options. I’ll follow with development on this and post back here with updates

#419679 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

Crashes in Chromium (the open source core of Chrome) on Linux, too. Not obvious why, at least to me. The Chrome JavaScript Console shows nothing when the crash happens. I would suspect the problem is a bug in Chrome. I’d report the problem to the Chromium project, or Google. Maybe via http://bugs.chromium.org?

Brian, you mentioned trying a different player. The JS player I use was very kindly hacked by Darrel Somoza here: https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/full-screen-video-via-javascript/

As mentioned upthread, for reasons I don’t yet know it won’t maximize if, and only if, the course is AICC and launched from an LMS. Clicking the maximize button has no effect. (On Firefox I can right-click and go full-screen, but Chrome/Chromium does not allow this.)  If I publish as HTML maximization works fine. No clue what’s up with that. I haven’t tested anything but AICC and HTML (no SCORM, no xAPI, etc.). I can’t test maximizing because … I can’t maximize.

One advantage of testing this: you could put diagnostic code in the JavaScript, since you control it. This would at least let you identify what line is causing the crash.

#419682 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

Carl – Thanks my friend.  You’ve given me some weekend reading!

#419766 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @tea

Brian, I opened a bug on the issue and we have development looking into this. Hoping to have something for our upcoming release.  Thanks for the info to help me reproduce the error

#419781 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

Thanks man.  I appreciate you guys scanning the forum and tackling these issues.  If accepted as a bug and assigned a number, how might I track it?

#419795 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @tea

I can update this forum with any info, the intended release number, and the time frame of that release. Once the release comes out it will be in the release notes.

#419806 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

Brian, you appear to be thinking of how open source projects track bugs. Lectora is very much proprietary software.

#419997 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

Well, I just tried inserting a video into a course using the Lectora player today, and yes, it crashes on maximize in Chrome (only), but only when in AICC or SCORM format and launched from a server, not locally. If I publish to HTML and put the files on an IIS server I have access to, maximize does not cause the crash. What the?

Works fine in IE11, the only other browser I have here at work.

Edit: I went into the Chrome debugger and turned on breakpoints, then stepped through the entire process of maximizing one JS command at a time. It doesn’t crash when stepping through, naturally. Frustrating.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #420075 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    195 pts
    @Klaatu

Carl is the video you are adding a link to a file on another server or local?

#420078 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

Can’t speak for Carl’s test, but I can say that I replicated the Chrome full screen crash using both a URL video link and a local video file.

#420236 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

I only tried it with a local video. (Local to the HTML files–of course it was being served by a web server when launched from the LMS.)

#420583 Score: 0
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    18 pts
    @CarlFink

Today maximizing works normally. I suspect the a Chrome release fixed this bug. Of course when I went to check my version, Chrome updated again. Google is getting ridiculous with this stuff.

#420586 Score: 0
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    3 pts
    @broeme

Carl – Interesting result!  I verified my baseline issue using my previous version of Chrome.  Same blow up on video max.  I then updated Chrome to what I assume is the very latest version <b>73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)</b>  If I try to update again, it says Chrome is up to date.

Now, instead of an error, the maximized video just goes black.  I can hear the audio of the video, but the screen is blank.  I can hit Esc and return to windowed video just fine.  I guess this is a step in the right direction, but still doesn’t have the full functionality I need.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.