Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Clean up the interface

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    41 pts
    @CarlFink

Small thing, but in the Question Creator, Esc doesn’t mean Cancel. That has been an interface standard for what, 30 years? There are a bunch of things like that.

Why doesn’t Ctrl-A select all in the Question field (or in the description field when publishing)?  Why is the actual text “Question text” present in the Question field, instead of just the hint found in normal text fields? That is, when I start typing there, I have to manually delete the words “Question text” out of it. Normal text fields will be blank as soon as they receive the focus.

Why is tab navigation so clunky in the Question Creator? Why doesn’t the standard keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Tab change tabs? Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn also do nothing.

Another suggestion: in the option menu for items in the Title Explorer, add a Duplicate choice.

All minor, but adding “polish” like this makes your products more pleasant to use and more professional-seeming. Currently it seems as if the rough edges from 12 years ago are still there.

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #446622 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    69 pts
    @wheels

I am having QA go over and write up these usability issues, thank you for the feedback, as always very helpful!

– Joe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.